[SOLVED] graphic card displayport is 1.4 but monitor displayport is 1.2

Dec 31, 2020
Hi, I bought Dell XPS 8940 with upgraded graphic card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 4GB GDDR6. This graphic card has displayport 1.4. My monitor is Dell 4K monitor with model number S2721QS with displayport 1.2. May I ask what displayport cable should I use to connect this XPS to this monitor? Displayport cable 1.2 or displayport cable 1.4? Many many thanks in advance!

Solution
You're looking for any HBR 2 or 3 rated Displayport cable. Version only relates to the port itself so ignore version numbers when it comes to cables because it's just marketing and there's no such thing. Go for HBR 3 (Not sure if HBR 2 cables are sold anymore, superseded by HBR3 afaik, heavier duty cable.) rated cable, preferably from a reputable Vesa (Displayport founder) certified company such as Accell, Startech and Club3D to ensure the cable is of good quality.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
You're looking for any HBR 2 or 3 rated Displayport cable. Version only relates to the port itself so ignore version numbers when it comes to cables because it's just marketing and there's no such thing. Go for HBR 3 (Not sure if HBR 2 cables are sold anymore, superseded by HBR3 afaik, heavier duty cable.) rated cable, preferably from a reputable Vesa (Displayport founder) certified company such as Accell, Startech and Club3D to ensure the cable is of good quality.

Solution