Graphic Card DOA or Not?

Acelancer

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
Hello, first time here but i have been learning from this site but most question or answer doesn't really answer what i need.
My question,
I just got my video card, Evga geforce gtx 560 ti superclocked and install into my motherboard. I turn on my computer, everything seem to be working but my monitor says that it's not connected but it is connected to my video card. I uninstall the video card drivers before putting in the new video card.
my power supply is Thermaltake Power Supply 240-Pin 600 Power Supply W0388RU
12v1 32, 12v2 24.
the geforce gtx 560 ti require 30 amps for 12v.

I already try putting in my old video card back in and everything works perfectly.
Now, is my new video card DOA?

ilumunus

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
no offence but your psu is a piece of crap.. I had same one and it blew in like 3 or 4 months, I would get a new one if you dont want to risk frying your whole computer

Answering Your Question: It is probably your psu..

Acelancer

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
I had a geforce gt 430, and yes i did have 2 6 pin pci-e plugged in. I used the main from the psu and then the items that comes with it just to make sure it wasn't the psu problem, which shouldn't be. Oh btw, when you say, 14 amps, why does it recommend 30 amps on 12v?

to ilumunus, yes, i was worry about my psu not going to work well with my gtx 560 ti but i been reading a lot about the psu. A lot of reviews had geforce gtx 560 ti so i know it works for it. thanks for the help though.

30 amps is recommended because they take the whole system into account, the 560Ti only needs 170w which is 14 amps. Do you have access to another rig you can try the card in?

Acelancer

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
nope, i dont have any other computer to test it out on which is causing the problem for me as well. I would have done it long ago to test if it works or not. i wouldn't be to ask questions if i could have test it on any other computer that works with high end gpu.
thanks for the help.
but at the end, im really guessing its just DOA. i just want to confirmed that is a DOA. It was a Christmas present.