Graphic card drivers made my fonts blurry

Demonicz

Reputable
Jan 25, 2016
I built my first gaming rig and right when I booted it up, everything worked fine. Once I started to game, the game told me I had to update my graphics cards drivers.

Once I updated my drivers, all the fonts are all blurry/fuzzy and it wasn't like that before.

I am running windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit, an MSI radeon r9 380 gpu, an amd fx-6300 cpu, and a Asus m5a97 LE r2.0 motherboard.

I really need help because this is straining my eyes and I tried loooking all over google for a solution but I still couldn't find one.

iXeon

Honorable
Jul 6, 2015
this could be an performance method that the game employed by disabling the visual effects of the windows try this way:
1-goto search box and type Advanced system settings
2-in performance part go to settings
3-make sure that Smooth edges of screen fonts is enable

if not mark it and click OK

Demonicz

Reputable
Jan 25, 2016

Its already enabled :/

Demonicz,

If plain text became unreadable on such things as web browsing, or reading a text based document.
And the text on your desktop for the icons is blurred and not readable.
Or it looks like pixels are missing from letters.

The new graphics driver may of set an Interlaced screen resolution.
Running at 25hz to 30hz.

If you right click on your windows desktop.
Select screen resolution from the pull down menu.
Click on advanced settings.
And then select list all modes.

Select a screen resolution that you know works with your monitor, and make sure you select a 60hz refresh rate.
Click ok, or apply.
Text becomes blurred because of the interlaced mode, Interlaced mode only displays the odd or even lines of the display when selected causing the blurring of text.