graphic card dying...?

raafatmahamd

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017
so i just bought a new graphic card like 3 weeks ago been overclocking it to play games like witcher 3 and dying light was working fine the heat maximum's was 95-96c while overclocking not over clocking was 76c in game and out side it was 55-56 then a problem started just few days ago driver keeps crashing and black screen like all the time and colors just covering everything screen freezing and sometimes sound started to loop but that only happened twice out of all the times this happened i googled it since it started happening till today can't find a fix i mean the graphic card can't be dying already i just bought it 3 weeks ago

DSzymborski

Titan
If you're getting artifacts, that's generally a bad omen for the life of the GPU. What did you spill on it? How long did you let it dry? You generally don't want to start firing it up for a few days and it's best to dry it in rice. That it's working at all is a good thing, but you shouldn't use it until it's completely dried.

I'd recommend you redact the curse word before a mod shows up; there's a pretty low tolerance for expletives in the forum rules.

raafatmahamd

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017
thing is i didn't spill anything on it so if i leave it untouched and out side the pc will it work fine again? or do i actually have to put it in rice even though i didn't spill anything on it

DSzymborski

Titan

So you meant dying in the subject, not drying? The subject of the thread threw me off. I thought you were having these issues with a GPU that hadn't yet dried from some kind of moisture.

If it's a new GPU and you did not in fact spill anything, the best option is to RMA it or return it to the retailer if it's within 30 days. Artifacting tends to point to the VRAM, which isn't something you can fix.

raafatmahamd

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017

sooo... does that mean it's done for? or do i gotta rest it for a while and not use it?

It would help if you would tell us what your video card is. Are you running a GPU fan management program like MSI Afterburner or EVGA's Precision X? Also, do you get the same issues when not overclocking? If not, then you are overclocking too high and there is nothing wrong with your GPU. It's as simple as that. And 95C is WAY too hot to be running a GPU.

raafatmahamd

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017

graphic card is a 710 2gb low profile guess u already know what that means no fan i have msi afterburner i use it to overclock i'm having the issues right now while typing this my screen keeps going black and it covers all the words i read in a thread on this website it said 95c is ok for a graphic card..ah well guess it wasn't after all

Well 95C is okay for a test, but not sustainable over time. Wow. Remove your GPU and try running off your motherboard's CPU graphics just for general use like typing here. If you don't have the same issues, then likely you fried your GPU in a too aggressive overclock.

raafatmahamd

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017

so pc just crashed....twice guess i'm gonna try running the intel chipset if problem doesn't happen which is most likely is there a way to fix this problem or am i gonna have to get a job and buy a new one or can i just send it to the msi company since it has a 2 years warranty?

You can RMA that card that likely you ruined. I can't imagine the major benefit you were getting out of overclocking such a low end GPU anyway. The most successful GPU overclocking only averages to about a 10% improvement in frame rates. And yes, getting a job usually improves your hardware as well. ;)

raafatmahamd

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017

where i live i had to pay 1k just to get this graphic card getting something else is gonna be hard but worth it also i have no clue what rma stands for

Holy wow. Are you in India? That would explain it. Also "RMA" just means returning the item to the manufacturer for a warranty return where they will send you another. You'll have to go through MSI's tech support to get one generated where they walk you through the trouble shooting (and that shouldn't take you long with the crashes).

raafatmahamd

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017

actually i live in egypt anyways thank you for your help i'm gonna go check msi's website to get the tech support