Question graphic card error code 43 after update to new driver

Terrance_2

Honorable
Oct 23, 2015
gtx780, updated to latest driver cause my dota2 screen/pc froze. after few froze and power restart, the gpu become error code 43 in device manager

history: screen froze happen on older version driver, but usually goes away with driver update, only happen with dota2, tried another much higher end game like battlefield and it's fine.

note: my monitor output still from the gpu port thou. but only can 1 screen (use to be 2 screen), caues i cant use nvidia control panel, it wont launch.

things i had try and useless:
-DDU clean and reinstall driver,
-update system bios (only manage to update to 1.1 from 1.0 version with msi bios, no response when try to go 1.1 to 1.2, latest 1.6)
-take out gpu and re insert
-windows update

what to do next?

thanks !

Terrance_2

Honorable
Oct 23, 2015
full system spec? include make and model of the psu

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Intel Core i5 4440 @ 3.10GHz

16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (11-11-11-28)

MSI Z87-G43 GAMING (MS-7816) (SOCKET 0)
Graphics
Generic Non-PnP Monitor (1920x1080@64Hz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (NVIDIA)

111GB KINGSTON SH103S3120G (SATA-3 (SSD)) 32 °C
111GB Western Digital WDC WDS120G2G0A-00JH30 (SATA (SSD)) 40 °C
1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EZRZ-00Z5HB0 (SATA ) 37 °C

ASUS DRW-24D3ST

High Definition Audio Device

new psu bought early this year, themaltake 650w

Last edited:

99StefanRO

Honorable
Oct 25, 2016
I have had this exact problem with my GTX 1060 6Gb. I couldn't solve anything at all. I sold it, now my RX 580 has absolutely no problem.

All I could do to prevent it is keep the 399.xx version of the driver, but once it got updated automatically with windows, there was no going back. I don't know if it was a hardware or a software problem...

I bet she can't cool herself down. When is the last time you pulled card and did thermal paste and dusting fans and heat sinks. The GTX 790's also have a build up of like baby oil all over the board where the thermal pads are as they heat up. Over the years a crap load of dirts collects in the oil.

What temp does MSI Afterburner say card is running, not gaming ,than gaming.

Terrance_2

Honorable
Oct 23, 2015
I have had this exact problem with my GTX 1060 6Gb. I couldn't solve anything at all. I sold it, now my RX 580 has absolutely no problem.

All I could do to prevent it is keep the 399.xx version of the driver, but once it got updated automatically with windows, there was no going back. I don't know if it was a hardware or a software problem...

that's sad to hear...

after the post. i'd try nvflash and cmos reset, didn't change anything.

next im going to attempt was to install windows7 nvidia driver update on my windows10, as someone claim on nvidia page he success with that. hope that wont screw up my window.

as i search through the solution and hearing from other experience, it seem that the problem was most likely cause by incompatible of nvdia driver with windows 10...

99StefanRO

Honorable
Oct 25, 2016
I bet she can't cool herself down. When is the last time you pulled card and did thermal paste and dusting fans and heat sinks. The GTX 790's also have a build up of like baby oil all over the board where the thermal pads are as they heat up. Over the years a crap load of dirts collects in the oil.

What temp does MSI Afterburner say card is running, not gaming ,than gaming.
Mine had no problems with cooling, stood silend and under 60, or went up to 65 in graphically intensive games.

that's sad to hear...

after the post. i'd try nvflash and cmos reset, didn't change anything.

next im going to attempt was to install windows7 nvidia driver update on my windows10, as someone claim on nvidia page he success with that. hope that wont screw up my window.

as i search through the solution and hearing from other experience, it seem that the problem was most likely cause by incompatible of nvdia driver with windows 10...

I tried nvflashing too with no success, same problem occured. Tell me how it goes with windows 7... althought W7 just sucks now when it comes to newer games.

Terrance_2

Honorable
Oct 23, 2015
Mine had no problems with cooling, stood silend and under 60, or went up to 65 in graphically intensive games.

I tried nvflashing too with no success, same problem occured. Tell me how it goes with windows 7... althought W7 just sucks now when it comes to newer games.

it wont install window7 driver, incompatible, i'd try numerous other method after the thread, still no success.

now i discover my pci-e slot was all occupied "in use" shown on speccy/hwinfo64, while on my bios, it show clearly only my additional graphic card inserted.

could this indicates that it's some system software related issue instead of hardware?

waniawala

BANNED
Dec 20, 2019
I discovered a simple solution: Remote desktop into your computer from a different computer, and reinstall the drivers with the "clean install" option checked. (I tried without checking it... no dice.) If you don't have remote desktop enabled, but you can access safe mode, then enable it in safe mode. (Google it.) This solution obviously won't work for you if you don't have another computer, and if you don't have remote desktop enabled and/or can't access safe mode. Hope this helps the rest of you.

Last edited by a moderator: