Graphic Card Error

Murgyyy

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013
I have an R9 290 and after i shut it down lastnight, i came back this morning to hear it beep once long, then 2 short beeps, then after retrying it did 1 long beep and 3 short beeps,
On my motherboard support i found that the beep means (http://www.gigabyte.com.au/support-downloads/faq-page.aspx?fid=816)
It says this - 1 long beep and 2 short beep:Graphic card error 1 long beep and 3 short beep :AGP error

Any help on how to fix this would be great, just stuck as i need to use the pc :)
thankyou

Solution

Your processor and mb have a graphics system . Take the card out completely . Connect the monitor to the graphics card

If it starts and you have a nice pic the chances are your graphics card...

Murgyyy

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013

uhh, i have a z77x-d3h gigabyte motherboard, and it is 2 years old.

Its not an AGP slot . But the beep code obviously predates modern hardware

The OP should take the graphics card out of the computer and connect the monitor to the mb's graphics ports .
Does it start?

Murgyyy

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013

It starts, just doesnt show my monitor you feel, it's just a black screen, beeps 1 long and then 2 short, so what do you want me to do? take my gcard out?

MundoDragon

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009

Ahh, makes sense, as I was trying to think of a scenario where you would have a board that is compatible with an R9 290, yet still have an AGP slot. :p

Your processor and mb have a graphics system . Take the card out completely . Connect the monitor to the graphics card

If it starts and you have a nice pic the chances are your graphics card is faulty

if it doesnt your monitor is faulty

Solution