Question Graphic card fans not spinning - no display

Oct 5, 2019
Hi,

I have a 3-4 year old pc and about a month ago, suddenly, when I tried to start up the pc, the gpu fans weren't spinning and the monitor displayed nothing but the "no signal" message. Also, when I tried to turn it off, the power button was useless so I had to unplug it to shut down. I called a service but they couldn't diagnose the problem, since everything seemed to be connected properly.

I've tried:
-Another monitor - still no signal
-Another gpu - still the same problem
-switching rams - nothing new
-clear the cmos - no success
-I had another pro take a look at it and measure the voltage around the running components and he said that it appeared normal values - though he suspected to be the mobo just because the power button isn't working when trying to shut down (what do you think?)

Things that I thought I should try(maybe u can tell me if it's worth or not)
-try another cable, i used hdmi-hdmi but my monitor is vga, so I thought to get a dvi-vga for the new gpu i have.
-remove the rams to see if there are beeps (although i never ever heard a beep come from my computer when booting, not even when it was working lol, a lot of people say that a beep should be present)
-check if the keyboard is working (by pressing capslock/numlock) and maybe I could access the bios, but I doubt it.

My specs:
Cpu: amd fx6300 + cooler arctic freezer 7 pro
Gpu: r9 270 2gb - replaced with rx480 nitro+ 4gb
Psu: sentey ERP750-SM 750W
Mobo: asrock 980E3/U3S3
Ram: 2x 4GB DDR3 1600

Please help its urgent ... I know there are threads about this but nothing seemed to work.

TRENDING THREADS