[SOLVED] Graphic card for a Ryzen budget gaming build

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2022
Hi all,

I’m looking to buy a video card for a compact budget gaming build. It originally came as a prebuilt AMD Ryzen 3 3200G (Radeon Vega 8 integrated gpu) without a graphic card.

The iGPU does a decent job with simple games but now I’m looking to play shooters like Call of Duty Black Ops 4, Warzone and some simulation games like Planet Coaster. These games don’t run very well with the iGPU. I’m not looking to run on 4K with a super high framerate, but at least medium settings & 1080p would be nice to achieve.

My budget is max. $ 250 for a graphic card. Since the PC is reasonably compact, I decided to go for a low profile version of the GTX 1650 after doing some research. The Asus GeForce GTX 1650 OC edition 4GB GDDR5 looks the best option as it’s quiet when idle. Silence is important when doing basic stuff like browsing, email etc!

So would this be a good setup?

Case: Gamdias ARGUS E1
Mobo: Asus Prime A320M-K
CPU: Ryzen 3 3200G
RAM: 16 gb DDR4 (2 x 8 gb 2666MHz)
Storage: 240 gb SSD
PSU: Inter-Tech SL-500 Plus (500W)

Thanks!

For what it's worth: there is just 1 case fan on the rear (be quiet! Silent Wings 3 PWM, 120mm). The case does not support an intake fan.

build.jpg

Solution
An RTX3050 if you can find one will be roughly around that price point. I would reccomend a better power supply as well. The beQuiet system power 9 is a big upgrade.

EVGA had refurbished 3050s for $270 today.
You will have several bottlenecks

1. PSU limit (as others have mentioned)
  2. A320 chipset limit
  3. PCIe lanes available (8) and PCI bus speed. I believe it is Gen 2.

I wouldn't buy anything more than a used RX570, or a used 1060 6gig for this system with a PSU upgrade to a quality 500 Watt model.

logainofhades

Titan
Definitely get a better PSU, before that one dies and takes your system with it.

You will have several bottlenecks

1. PSU limit (as others have mentioned)
  2. A320 chipset limit
  3. PCIe lanes available (8) and PCI bus speed. I believe it is Gen 2.
I wouldn't buy anything more than a used RX570, or a used 1060 6gig for this system with a PSU upgrade to a quality 500 Watt model.

A320 is gen 3 for for graphics, and NVME storage that uses the CPU's lanes. The chipset lanes are 2.0 though.

A320 is gen 3 for for graphics, and NVME storage that uses the CPU's lanes. The chipset lanes are 2.0 though.

Ahh I was wondering. Thanks for catching that fine detail.

It would still be a bottleneck on something like a 6500XT which benefits from Gen 4. So used is the way to go here. Save money and get faster performance. (Provided it wasn't a card typically used by miners)

Status
Not open for further replies.