Graphic card freezes computer

kawipoo

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2001
I recently purchased an HP 9795c computer with a Pentium 4 1.4 GHz Processor. The video card is a Nvidia TNT2 Pro w 32 MB. I use Windows ME as the operating system. When I revive my computer from system standby after inactivity everything works properly until I require 3D graphic acceleration. The computer freezes up. There are no errors indicated the system just seems to be busy waiting for something. I end up having to reboot and then everything works fine until the computer goes into system standby again. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is it possible that the 3D capability is not revived after standby and therefore the computer can not find it and freezes. Is this an operating system problem, bios problem or a problem in the graphics driver?

G

that pentium 4 refuses to work with a tnt card...
lol
it's so bad that yours pentium 4 is trying to make a suicide !!!

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
How about answering his question. This is mostly a operating system problem particulary with Win9x systems. Win2K does it better but not 100%.

I recommend you disable the standby feature of Win9x under power management.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by noko on 04/27/01 10:50 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

---<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by powervr2 on 04/27/01 11:25 PM.</EM></FONT></P>