[SOLVED] No display from graphics card on new build ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2023
same cable works for the hdmi port in motherboard. so cable looks good.

Is there any specific hdmi cable for graphics card ?

Sep 14, 2023
Purchased AMD Radeon RX6700xt from ASRock Phantom Gaming. 12gb mem 1440 qhd. No display is coming when connected to graphics card. Tried with New Hdmi cable too. power requirement is 700w. So, I connected 2 pce power cables to the Graphics card. using
MSI X670E MAG Tomahawk WiFi AMD AM5 ATX Motherboard. Graphic card is recognized by the system but only display not coming from the hdmi port.
First time, setting up a desktop. Can anyone please help where I am wrong. Appreciate your help.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2023
Have you fully installed the OS and checked for updates and installed the latest drivers for your motherboard? If not, remove the card and get everything installed and working, then try the card again.
yes. i fully installed windows 11 and did updates on latest drivers too. It identified the graphics card . but when connected to the hdmi port, no display is coming. Tried with new graphics card.
Using power supply for 2 ports to Graphic card, as it requires 700watts
MSI MPG A850G PCIE 5 & ATX 3.0 Gaming Power Supply - Full Modular - 80 Plus Gold Certified 850W - 100% Japanese 105°C Capacitors - Compact Size - ATX PSU

Sep 14, 2023
yes. i fully installed windows 11 and did updates on latest drivers too. It identified the graphics card . but when connected to the hdmi port, no display is coming. Tried with new graphics card.
Using power supply for 2 ports to Graphic card, as it requires 700watts
MSI MPG A850G PCIE 5 & ATX 3.0 Gaming Power Supply - Full Modular - 80 Plus Gold Certified 850W - 100% Japanese 105°C Capacitors - Compact Size - ATX PSU
I returned the earlier graphic card and installed another one. Same issue.

I wonder if the problem is a setting in the BIOS.

I don't know what the MSI BIOS looks like, but there should be a settings, or advanced settings, where you can find the display output. With the card installed you should have the options of PCIe x16 and IGPU, you want it set to PCIe.

Sep 14, 2023
I wonder if the problem is a setting in the BIOS.

I don't know what the MSI BIOS looks like, but there should be a settings, or advanced settings, where you can find the display output. With the card installed you should have the options of PCIe x16 and IGPU, you want it set to PCIe.
Thanks for your valuable information. Since I am new to it, I will try to find it out.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Are you sure pcie power cable from psu to graphics is connected properly both ends? How many power cables are you using to power the card 1 or 2? Photos would be good.

You answered power supply model multiple times now.. you haven't answered what your other graphics card was.

Sep 14, 2023
Are you sure pcie power cable from psu to graphics is connected properly both ends? How many power cables are you using to power the card 1 or 2? Photos would be good.

You answered power supply model multiple times now.. you haven't answered what your other graphics card was.
GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OC 12G (REV2.0) Graphics Card, 3X WINDFORCE Fans, 12GB 192-bit GDDR6, GV-N3060GAMING OC-12GD Video Card was the earlier graphics card which is also new, connected to slot 1. one power cable was used.
Tried changing the slot for the Amd Radeon RX6700xt to second slot. used 2 power cables as it needed 700watts . Also tried using new hdmi cable. no display.

Sep 14, 2023
what the old gpu?
brand and model of the psu?
10 days, ASRock AMD Radeon RX6700XT 12gb pcie 4.0 graphic card with psu

Status
Not open for further replies.