Question Graphic card not detected

mjch7

Commendable
Jan 17, 2020
Hello,

I seem to be having a problem with my graphic card not being detected by the MB. It was working well yesterday but I have to run the PC with an open case and my phone charger very lightly touched the graphic card (The cord not the plug of the charger). The whole pc shutdown and the screen stopped detecting the graphic card.
Now i can boot it with the integrated graphic card but mine isn't detected by anything. I can't see it in device manager or task manager and when I boot with it alone the screen doesn't detect it neither. The pc still boots, all fans working, graphic card seems to be hotter than usual in some spots but it doesn't work.
I have a special PSU for the GPU and another for the PC as none of them have enough pins for both, which is why I need to keep the case open.
Anybody has any idea why and how to fix this? I already tried resetting ram, booting with 1 stick of ram and changing them, taking out the CMOS battery.... I don't have another PC to test the GPU on unfortunately, but it is running, just hotter in certain spots as I said before.

mjch7

Commendable
Jan 17, 2020
So I managed to boot with a worse GPU (radeon hd 4870) instead of my usual radeon hd 7850. Its working well. Does this mean that the 7850 is shorted or somehow failing? Is there a way to solve this?

TRENDING THREADS