Mar 22, 2021
Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with my GPU : few days ago, my computer crashed with my GPU's fan going crazy. Since then, my motherboard has had issues detecting my GPU at launch and in the Bios, integrated graphics are working fine. The GPU still lights up / the fans are working.

From time to time, after unplugging the GPU and/or resetting the bios, it gets detected and everything works fine for a while and then crashs again with the fans going crazy. I'm not sure what is causing the crashes : heat is fine (around 50° before the crash) and my PSU should be fine (850W - gold).

Does anyone have an idea on how to resolve that ? Both the detection and the crashes... Any help would be appreciated !
Also, tell me if you need some more informations !

My config is the following :

Windows 10
Motherboard : Gigabyte Z490 GAMING X
CPU : Intel i7-10700k
GPU : EVGA RTX 3080
PSU : Gigabyte 850W gold

Solution
it sounds like a hardware issue with the card.

but, there's a possibility it is a software issue with corrupted drivers.
you can try removing all GPU related drivers & settings with DDU and reinstalling the latest Nvidia package again.
though could also be an issue within Windows. if wiping and reinstalling the Nvidia drivers doesn't help,
try reinstalling Windows and all of the latest motherboard drivers.

you can try removing all GPU related drivers & settings with DDU and reinstalling the latest Nvidia package again.
though could also be an issue within Windows. if wiping and reinstalling the Nvidia drivers doesn't help,

Solution
Mar 22, 2021

Hey, thanks for the answer ! That's what I was afraid (even though I will probably be able to use my warranty) and sadly I don't have another rig on hand to test that out. I'll try removing the drivers just to be sure. The only weird thing is that from time to time, the GPU works for a while...