[SOLVED] Graphic card not working after Windows 10 update

Dec 6, 2018
A little over two weeks ago I chose to "Install update and shut down" my computer before I went to bed. Next day when I start it, the screen is stuck at 800x600 and when I check my device manager my graphics card, a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980, is marked with a little orange triangle and a "!". When I click on it I can see the device has been stopped because a problem has been reported (Code 43). Now, I've been googling solutions. I've tried updating the drivers from the device manager, I've installed them from NVidia experience installation program and I've tried downloading them separately from Nvidia's homepage and installing them from there. I've redone these steps multiple times but NO luck. The graphic card is still not working. I've also tried uninstalling from the device manager but then the screen turns black and I have to restart the computer.

I do see it takes up more space on my disc so I do believe something was installed but it still doesn't work.

I am curious if this originally had to do with a space problem on my disc. (Fully updated windows 10 today since it didn't seem to work before?) When restarting after installing windows update I got a message that said something about "refering to memore couldn't write 2jkjsaiodjaskx30 to 00000000000x30" (sorry for the random numbers, but the message closed down before I could write it own/take a picture). But I've cleaned so I had 20 GB free and tried installing the drives, with no luck.

Is there any way to fix this? I am desperate and I have to do art coursework on the computer, which I currently cannot.

Solution
GRAPHICS Driver problems
Download the latest drivers for your GPU place them on your desktop get Display Driver Uninstaller from here
https://www.wagnardsoft.com/
remove everything after restarting it will probably be 640x480 not great instal your AMD/NVIDIA drivers and hopefully should fix your problem
GRAPHICS Driver problems
Download the latest drivers for your GPU place them on your desktop get Display Driver Uninstaller from here
https://www.wagnardsoft.com/
remove everything after restarting it will probably be 640x480 not great instal your AMD/NVIDIA drivers and hopefully should fix your problem

Solution
Jun 10, 2019
A little over two weeks ago I chose to "Install update and shut down" my computer before I went to bed. Next day when I start it, the screen is stuck at 800x600 and when I check my device manager my graphics card, a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980, is marked with a little orange triangle and a "!". When I click on it I can see the device has been stopped because a problem has been reported (Code 43). Now, I've been googling solutions. I've tried updating the drivers from the device manager, I've installed them from NVidia experience installation program and I've tried downloading them separately from Nvidia's homepage and installing them from there. I've redone these steps multiple times but NO luck. The graphic card is still not working. I've also tried uninstalling from the device manager but then the screen turns black and I have to restart the computer.

I do see it takes up more space on my disc so I do believe something was installed but it still doesn't work.

I am curious if this originally had to do with a space problem on my disc. (Fully updated windows 10 today since it didn't seem to work before?) When restarting after installing windows update I got a message that said something about "refering to memore couldn't write 2jkjsaiodjaskx30 to 00000000000x30" (sorry for the random numbers, but the message closed down before I could write it own/take a picture). But I've cleaned so I had 20 GB free and tried installing the drives, with no luck.

Is there any way to fix this? I am desperate and I have to do art coursework on the computer, which I currently cannot.

HEY MAN DID YOU SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?