Graphic card overheating

Jan 18, 2019
If anyone has any recomendations on what to do i would appreciate it. I got amd radeon r9 280 3gb sapphire, when i turn on pc, my gpu temperature is 86 c and fans around 88 percent, after any task like multiple windows on youtube or some game i get to 95-100c and fans at 88-100 percent, so i took gpu out, cleaned the dust, put new layer of paste cleared out old layer, and still same issue, same temperature. Now i read somwhere it might be faulty fan on gpu, any other suggestions?
Currently using processor graphic card i believe its processors or motherboard, haswell gt2 intel hd graphics 4600 and temperature is 32c if that information helps out anyhow.

I'd try and run with the case open and check the temps. If the temperature drops significantly with it open, you know you need to improve your case cooling.

Other than that....you mentioned the fan was at 88%.....did it "seem" like it was at 88%?

It may be a motor/fan issue but I would do the experiment with the open case first.

Jan 18, 2019
Ok maybe some additional info might be good, i noticed that sound few days ago, and wasnt checking temperatures, and i knew i have to clean everything inside cause that happens with pcs, and i was lazy and did a half a job. Then it ran smooth for a day or 2, then the sound came back, then i did thorough cleaning to my gpu, procesor and power unit like really clean. Still same sound... then i located sound was coming from graphic card, then i got new drivers with deleting previous ones, then i got that gpuz program that was recomended here i believe and got same readings on gpuz and amd drivers... then i didnt personally put paste beacause i couldnt open that goddamn graphic card nor could i find on internet how to do it, so i had to bring to service.. and the guy calls and says after cleaning and puting paste still same problem, i will have graphic card tommorow

If the case is open and the fans are blowing like crazy and you are seeing 95-100....I am getting kind of stumped. It doesn't make sense to me unless the card itself is acting up....which is possible....but I don't hear about cards that are just hot for no reason very often.

Jan 18, 2019
Well im also stumped, not an expert but did all i could find on internet, did assemble this pc by myself 4-5 years ago, know little something about them but not an expert, any further help would be usefull, wouldnt like to buy new graphic card if it is some simple stupid solution, since stronger graphic card really isnt needed for my needs, only thing left to do was something with 100 percent fan and rpm count (whatever that means), will do that tommorow to check on faulty fan, any other advice would be helpfull.
And 1st time the full cleaning didnt solve the problem, did clean it 2 times a year or so

Jan 18, 2019
Well didnt want to bother myself further, so i checked fans just today, rpms are 3994, which is also normal if i remember correctly from some previous bs i read. Only good thing after service that happened is it now starts at 100c right as you power up your pc instead of 88, bloody waste of time, so my solution is dont ever again cheap out on amd and go nvidia, this time gtx 1060 6gb. Atleast was smart to get a processor of intel and not that other bs, also horrible experience from past, same thing with gpus.

"SOLVED" get a new gpu, Nvidia free commercial