Graphic card problem

cobra83

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
Here is the deal: about a month ago I bought XFX 8600GT Fatal1ty graphic card from friend. Worked perfectly with latest NVIDIA drivers until few days ago when I restart my PC from system and after that my system couldn’t boot, even any screen on monitor. After transferring of RAM memories, combining different slots and of course unplugging other devices from power supply problem was still the same. I borrowed beeper and tested it, I got 1 long and 2 short beeps, wich means something is wrong with video output or graphic card. Also I borrowed 8500GT graphic card to test on my machine, this card work fine for me. I took mine in service and it work on their computer (I was there, he didn’t use any other card or any other input). They told me to take a pen eraser and to clean connectors on my graphic card. I did that and the problem is same. I reset CMOS and same again, even I change BIOS motherboard firmware from older to newer version and nothing happened. Someone had a same problem on some other forum, and I clean connections in my PCI-e slot and once more connectors on graphic card with medical petrol and clean toothbrush, just in case if connectors are oxidized, and problem was still same.

Please if someone have other suggestions let it say. The only thing I did not tried is to flashes graphic card bios.

My configuration:

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 550 3.4Ghz
MoBo: Gigabyte GA-8I945PLGE-RH
VGA: XFX 8600GT Fatal1ty 256 DDR3, 128 bit, silent
RAM: 2 x 1GB PQI 533 Mhz
HDD: MAXTOR 80GB, WD 640GB
PSU: LC Power 600w from the office series that too much but enough for my configuration
MONITOR: VW193DR

jryan388

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
RMA it. XFX has a double lifetime warranty (meaning if you sell it the buyer (you) gets a lifetime warranty) and I've heard they're very honorable about that. Just be careful about flashing the card's bios, as it might void the warranty. IDK if it does for XFX just make sure it's OK first.