[SOLVED] Graphic card restarting pc gaming only

Feb 5, 2020
I started having problems with my MSI RX580x recently symptoms are that it will instantly restart pc if I try and start a higher graphics game or run the heaven benchmark. I swapped it out for a GTX 1060 i had laying around and the problem went away which leads me to beleive its not a PSU , motherboard or ram issue. After reinstalling the RX card I used DDU to remove then reinstalled the driver with same results. The Card has no issues on browsing the web or playing HD videos , I even started a Betterhash miner to see if it would crash which it did not. I have never done any mining with the card in the past . If anyone had a similar experience or could shed some light on helping me further diagnose it would be greatly appreciated

Feb 5, 2020
Opon further inspection it seems that the PSU is the culprit. The fan seems to have stopped working and it was overheating . Thanks for replying

Feb 5, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need more information. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the age of the PSU as well.
Thanks here the info The power supply was bought in December of 2017 and i'll add that i have 100's of hours of gaming where everything performed Well

CPU:Intel I7 7700K with hyper 212 evo cooler
Motherboard: Z 270-A pro
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDr4
SSD/HDD: WD Black 2TB
GPU: MSI RX 580 X gaming
PSU:Thermaltake WO441 (having trouble finding specs but its a 650w if i remember correctly)
Chassis: NZXT S340 Elite

Feb 5, 2020
Opon further inspection it seems that the PSU is the culprit. The fan seems to have stopped working and it was overheating . Thanks for replying

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS