Question Graphic card screams during Warframe with v sync off

mikejezz

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
I am using g sync on my pc to eliminate screen tearing.

I know people say you should run with v sync on in NVCP, but whatever people say I can still feel the input lag with g sync and it drives me crazy. It feels like I have mouse smoothing on while using it.

So when I turn v sync off its like a dream come true. No screen tearing. No input lag.

But I have a jet engine next to my legs that sounds like its ready to take off.

I get an insane amount of coil whine from my GPU when I run G sync on fps cap a few below my monitor and v sync off. It really sounds like my graphic card gets overstressed to hell.

Is there anything I can do to stress my GPU less without having to use V sync?

capping the fps doesnt do much. I have a 165 hz monitor and even tried to cap it at 155 hz, but my gpu is still having its own high pitched concert.

Also doesnt it tear a lot on the GPU to scream like hell?

My psu is a Corsair TX750M 750W 80+ Gold, never overclocked anything, two years old.

Last edited:

mikejezz

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Any overclocking?

What games or other software are you running?

Well updated my post with what you specified, and maybe I am oversimplifying stuff, but I don't understand why fps cap makes fan noise while v sync doesn't.

I mean, probably because fps cap doesn't cap like v sync, but I don't understand why.

Game looks the same, I have no graphical issues either way. My only difference is I have input lag with v sync on.