Graphic Card Upgrade from ATI Radeon series 200

Status
Not open for further replies.

msred50

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
I have an older Compaq Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, and I want to upgrade my graphic card so I can play games better, as well as get better online viewing of videos.
What would you suggest I replace it with? (Besides a new computer! :p ) It is an ATI Radeon series 200 :??: .
Thank you in advance for your assistance.
msred50 msred50@gmail.com

caqde

Distinguished
The 200 series I am guessing you have an Xpress 200 series Radeon graphics card meaning you have PCI-Express so your choices are based on your budget really. You system supports all of the latest GPU's physically with the exception of your Case and PSU. (Case might not be big enough for certain GPU's and your PSU might die trying to power a good portion of them).

Now although I did say you have PCI-Express can you give us the actual model of your system or a link to it on the internet so we can check if you have a PCI-Express x16 slot or you could look inside your system and see if you have the slot. That and I want to make sure you have a Midsize case and not something that won't fit a normal sized card or if you need a Half-sized card or not.

(reference -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:pCIExpress.jpg The two larger ones in this picture)

msred50

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
Thank you for all of your help. I think I will just be getting a new cpu that will handle what I would like to do. You have been very helpful. Thank you again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.