Graphic card won't output image

karamoffnikk

Commendable
May 10, 2016
So I was cleaning my PC and I took the graphic card out so it wouldn't annoy me. After I decided to clean the contacts, so I took some cotton swabs, soaked them in isopropyl alcohol and wiped the contacts, finishing all of this with the tissue paper.

But then I tried to turn on my PC, and the image won't go. My TV says no signal to either HDMI or DVI->VGA input. The fans are spinning, but there is no output. The monitor says the connection is bad or there is not enough power. The PC works fine, I can hear its sounds on start and shutdown. [strike]The worst thing ist that my onboard graphic card didn't have drivers installed (or smth elese, because that makes no sense), so it doesn't work as well![/strike] I was able to fix the onboard graphics, phew. If you have any ideas what can help, please post them here!

P. S. My graphic card is ATI Radeon HD 4800 with 512 MB video memory

Solution
i have a 4830 which requires a separate 6-pin power connection in the side, If yours has the same it needs to be connected, also does your Power supply unit have enough power?

It does seem like quite an old card meaning it could be on its last legs, mine died and so i replaced it with a cheap £30 Asus Nvidia Geforce GT610 2GB which works quite well.

Owen_16

Commendable
May 10, 2016
i have a 4830 which requires a separate 6-pin power connection in the side, If yours has the same it needs to be connected, also does your Power supply unit have enough power?

It does seem like quite an old card meaning it could be on its last legs, mine died and so i replaced it with a cheap £30 Asus Nvidia Geforce GT610 2GB which works quite well.

Solution

karamoffnikk

Commendable
May 10, 2016

I have this 6-pin power connection, and it is connected. The power supply is fine, because this card worked well before cleaning.

In fact I will probably just buy a new card, I don't need a cool one anyways. I don't really feel like f-cking with this old piece of tech. Anyway, thanks for the advice!