[SOLVED] Graphic card working poorly after new hard drive

Jan 14, 2019
This is beyond bizarre. Recently my laptop had its hard drive changed because the old one died on itself. After the repairs everything seemed good, except for whatever reason my AMD Radeon HD 7650m is completely unreliable. No matter what I tend to launch - Sony Vegas Pro 13, Overwatch, Destiny 2 (Also worth mentioning that the games vram usage is 942MB/32MB out of nowhere. It never did that)... the software/games lag, So I tend to use my other graphic card Intel HD 4000m, which according to the internet, is notably worse then the other one.

My laptop is a HP ProBook 4540s
Processor: Intel Core i5-3210M
Windows 10

Solution
Check that you have all the latest drivers & download MSI afterburner & run it with all the relevant system info while gaming (GPU core clock, boost clock etc) then check if that matches manufacturer specs?

tiaan_strauss

Proper
Jan 12, 2019
Check that you have all the latest drivers & download MSI afterburner & run it with all the relevant system info while gaming (GPU core clock, boost clock etc) then check if that matches manufacturer specs?

Solution
Jan 14, 2019

Yes I have. A few times over too. The Radeon keeps changing from Radeon hd 7500m/7600m to Radeon hd 7650m.

Will need to install the afterburner. I've been thinking for a while to get it. Checking manufacturer secs is a bit difficult unless I try to find the specific model on the internet. But will do.