Graphic Card

Dizzy_Dino

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
Im looking for a new graphics card for my computer but dont know which one i should buy. I have a pent 4, 504 mb ram, 140 gb hard drive,128 mb factory graphics card, and its 3 gh. I bought Scarface and i cant play it cause i need a better graphics card. Will someone help me and give me advice.

Dizzy_Dino

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
Graphics Info:
Screen Resolution: 1024x768
Color Code: 32 Bits Per Pixel
Color Palette Supports: (32 bit)True Colors
Display Control Interface (DCI): YES
Display Adapter: VGA version 16416

Driver Name: DDRAW.DLL
Driver Name: DDHELP.EXE

Blacken

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2004
Start>Programs>Accesories>System Tools>System Information ... open Components tab (+), click on Display ... look in the right box of information and PNP Device ID should tell you

Dahak

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Right click "MY COMPUTER",select properties,then hardware,then device manager.Once that window opens,click on display adapter.This should tell you what kind of video card you have.Write down the info and get back to me.Goodluck.

Dahak

AMD X2-4400+@2.4 S-939
EVGA NF4 SLI MB
2X EVGA 7800GT IN SLI
2X1GIG DDR IN DC MODE
WD300GIG HD
EXTREME 19IN.MONITOR 1280X1024
ACE 520WATT PSU
COOLERMASTER MINI R120

Blacken

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2004
Dang man. Do you know the videocard that you are using right now has ever been replaced from when you origionaly aquired the PC?

Dizzy_Dino

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
I was thinking of paying someone to do it (lol) unless its pretty easy.
I dont know a lot about computers. Im also going to buy more memory ram cause I have 525 mb and it says I have 2 extra empty ports.

Blacken

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2004
Some cases can be tricky to get back on. I'm a little short in the patients though :evil: More ram is always a good thing. Puts less stress on your hard drive.
Is it an E-Machine Dizzy? Can't find the cold hard specs but I did find 2 message boards with your same configuration claiming PCI-E on the motherboard.

Blacken

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2004

Dizzy_Dino

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
This is my conversation with a HP rep

Serena V: Welcome to HP Total Care for Pavilion Desktops. My name is Serena V. How may I assist you today?
Serena V: Hi Jon.
jon deaton: hi
Serena V: How are you doing today?
jon deaton: fine
Serena V: Great, how may I assist you?
jon deaton: i want to upgrade my graphic card and i dont know what to get
Serena V: I will provide you the information.
jon deaton: do i have a pci e or what?
Serena V: Please confirm the model number of your PC: HP Pavilion a1113w Desktop PC
jon deaton: yes
Serena V: Thank you for confirmation Jon.
Serena V: May I put you on hold for 3 minutes while I review your computer specifications?
jon deaton: yes
Serena V: Thank you for staying online.
jon deaton: yw
Serena V: As per the computer specifications, PC is shipped with the onboard video and the chipset is Intel 915GV.
Serena V: PC has total 3 PCI slots out of which 2 PCI slots are available for expansion.
jon deaton: what does that mean?
jon deaton: i can buy 2 graphic cards?
Serena V: This means you may install two PCI devices.
jon deaton: what are pci devices?
Serena V: Computers donot support 2 graphics card.
jon deaton: ok
Serena V: PCI is the slot where a card fits in.
Serena V: That is the connector.
Serena V: The graphics card should be a PCI which means that it should be designed to connect to the PCI slot on the PC.
jon deaton: can i buy a nvidea or a geforce card?
Serena V: Yes Jon, you may ceratinly buy the above cards however, make sure that you ask for above card which is a PCI card compaible with 250 watts of power supply.

Crapola

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2006
Dude, you have integrated video. You don't have a video card per se. The PCI slots are useless. They are only good for audio, usb, ide, whatever. Whatever you do, don't buy a PCI graphics card. It would be a waste of your money, if you could even find one. That stuff is ancient.... I think it's time for a new motherboard or a new system.

8O

pauldh

Illustrious
Sorry, but with only the old PCI slots, you are out of luck. You would need an AGP slot or a PCI-e slot to play that game as the minimum system requirements are higher than anything available in PCI.

Scarface – The World is Yours
Hardware Requirements
Operating System: Windows® XP with SP2

Processor: Pentium® 4 2.8 GHz or AMD® equivalent

DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card and speakers or headphones

Video Card: DirectX 9.0c-compatible video card (ATI Radeon x800 or NVIDIA GeForce FX 6800) or higher

Disk Space: 5 GB of uncompressed hard drive space

CD Speed: 16x DVD-ROM

RAM: 512 MB RAM