[SOLVED] graphic cards upgrade advice :D

Jul 10, 2020
thought id try my luck here and see if theres people willing to help out looking for a decent not too expensive upgrade !

i currently own a gtx 970ti which is .. pretty old i got it gifted back when it came out

ive been noticing that i cant really keep up anymore on newer games i just bought a new monitor (75 hz) but was also thinking of getting a 144hz one after having the same 2 old monitors you can get for like 10€ or 20€ :D yee pretty old haha like 10 years old

so my question would be a decent graphics card upgrade at first i was looking at 200€ to 300€ but wasnt sure if thats good for a one time good upgrade like lets say i have some money
saved up should i go for 300€ to 400€ ? so my future 144hz can be supported ? you feel me ?

but right now a decent one for the 75hz one sounds pretty good to me too ! as im not the most insane all the time gamer

thanks for reading all this in advance ! really appreciate it <3

Solution
but i can see it would be a real good one for a long future if im correct
Probably not any longer than your current GTX 970 lasted you. If you want it to last longer, you're either going to have to turn down settings or pony up more cash. I wouldn't expect any significant price drops when newer cards come out and given the state of the manufacturing world these days, I would not be surprised to see prices actually increase.

-Wolf sends
Not knowing the rest of your system and only going by your price of 300 to 400$ the AMD 5700XT first with the Nvidia 2060 super right behind it.

If your still ok with gaming on your current card, AMD and Nvidia will be dropping their new cards in a few months so you would have that new generation of cards and maybe a price drop of current gen cards to look forward to.

Jul 10, 2020
first of all thank you so much for the replies ! and for the time anyone takes to answer this :D

as far as i know my friend said it was the TI might be wrong tho if it doesnt exist

my system is basically AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.40 GHz 16gb ram i very recently upgraded MB my CPU and my Ram like 5 month ago (first upgrade in 8 years) :D
AMD motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon i think
the rest i dont currently remember

so im reading that it would be wise to wait a little for a price drop ? i like that idea for sure it makes sense!

Wolfshadw

Titan
Around the 400€ range, you're looking at an RTX 2060S or the RX 5700XT. To me, that's a lot of cash, and personally, I'd just lower the setting in-game and keep using the GTX 970. If my old 8800GTS-640 could handle VR, I'd probably still be using that.

-Wolf sends

Jul 10, 2020
appreciate the reply !

the 2060 looks good and sounds good so far im definitely gonna wait a little to see how the price drops its more in the higher price range for me and what i would like to spend on a good upgrade but i can see it would be a real good one for a long future if im correct

Wolfshadw

Titan
but i can see it would be a real good one for a long future if im correct
Probably not any longer than your current GTX 970 lasted you. If you want it to last longer, you're either going to have to turn down settings or pony up more cash. I wouldn't expect any significant price drops when newer cards come out and given the state of the manufacturing world these days, I would not be surprised to see prices actually increase.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Jul 10, 2020
thanks for your kind reply!
i fully understand what youre saying hmmmm
have had the 970 since it came out my main point of upgrading my card was for a 144hz monitor since i use 2 and only got 1 good one now :D

but yeah i can see your point theres some decent games in the future im looking forward to esp ones i wanna enjoy with good graphics and fps!