Graphic driver i am confused

Jun 21, 2018
I have RX 550 2GB Gigabyte 1 fan graphic card.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-550

This site shows 2 drivers which i should install? Optional one or other one? I already got other one.. But when i started playing fortnite it said to me update to 18.8.1 as this graphic driver got issues and this is that optional version one.. So, now should i install that optional driver too? 2 2 graphic drivers?

Solution
Beta drivers are released for testing and feedback purposes for those users who are fully prepared for possibility of system instability and/or problems where a full reinstall of Windows may be necessary in the worst scenario (ie these users will have a spare PC or a full system backup). If you do not fall in to that category you should not be using beta drivers.

Existing graphics driver should always be uninstalled with DDU before installing another one.

DDU: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Unless your current driver is causing problems, there's no need to get obsessed with having the latest version, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" is a good motto to remember.

GforceD

Reputable
Jan 27, 2015
Well the one is 18.5.1, I am guessing 18.8.1 Optional is like a beta driver. Install the newest 18.8.1 Optional and only roll back to 18.5.1 if you having issues with 18.8.1.

Jun 21, 2018

I see but why this beta driver and all.. Why they could not just post one driver -__- It can confuse people...

Also, is it completely ok to install like this 2 Graphic Drivers?

Beta drivers are released for testing and feedback purposes for those users who are fully prepared for possibility of system instability and/or problems where a full reinstall of Windows may be necessary in the worst scenario (ie these users will have a spare PC or a full system backup). If you do not fall in to that category you should not be using beta drivers.

Existing graphics driver should always be uninstalled with DDU before installing another one.

DDU: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Unless your current driver is causing problems, there's no need to get obsessed with having the latest version, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" is a good motto to remember.

Solution
Jun 21, 2018

Thanks alot brother for replying and helping. So this optional driver in AMD 18.8.1 one is beta driver you mean? And is not really needed? It's for feedback purpose?

Beta drivers will be marked clearly as beta drivers - - don't know anything about optional ones - - read the info attached to it.

I repeat: Unless your current driver is causing problems, there's no need to get obsessed with having the latest version, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" is a good motto to remember.

Jun 21, 2018

ah i see... But we should update to latest version na atleast ii mean graphic drivers that's what everyone recommends..

I am not going to install that optional driver one but i am just asking even if someone install that beta driver or optional driver he should first remove that other driver proper one (If he installed that already) first from DDU?

GforceD

Reputable
Jan 27, 2015
When installing drivers it not necessary to uninstall, unless you going back a version . Normally just install the newest driver and you good to go.

Jun 21, 2018

I know this man.

Anyways, thanks alot, you both for helping me :)