Question Graphic freezes when video is played full screen and mouse is used

thedudenl

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
HI there,

My video playback is okay as long as I don't use the mouse, but when I play video footage in PowerDVD or play a youtube video full screen, the graphics seem to interact with the mouse making the experience very annoying. The video AND the mouse movements start to stutter as soon as I want to click something in the player, but when I stop using the mouse, playback is fine. It's like interrupts are shared between mouse and graphic card or something, although this is a win10 system with enough power (AMD Ryzen 1700 3 Ghz 32Gb RAM) and as far as i know, nowadays interrupts don't need to be assigned by hand?

Does anyone have a hint to where to look for a solution to this?

My card is a Radeon RX 480

Marcel

check temperature of your CPU and GPU

did you overclock your CPU?

check RAM

reinstall amd chipset and graphics drivers from amd.com
if this won´t work use ddu uninstaller to remove all AMD graphics drivers and reinstall the latest from amd.com again

update your motherboard´s BIOS

Reactions: thedudenl

thedudenl

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
check temperature of your CPU and GPU

did you overclock your CPU?

check RAM

reinstall amd chipset and graphics drivers from amd.com
if this won´t work use ddu uninstaller to remove all AMD graphics drivers and reinstall the latest from amd.com again

update your motherboard´s BIOS

Nope, no overclocking or overheating...I'm always kinda hesitant updating the graphic drivers since they sometimes crashed my video editing software in the past...
I just checked a setting called 'Scaling with GPU' and it seems to be solved...