Question graphic(s) card overheating

May 8, 2022
So I recently built my friend a new PC with everything brand new other than the graphics card. First game we fired up the card immediately got really hot, fans went to 100%, and the PC crashed. Naturally we thought the card was faulty so we sent it back to the owner who tested it on FurMark for an hour and was perfectly fine, put it back in our system and overheated again. I threw in my personal GPU which is the same model (3060ti) to see if it was the cards fault, but my card started doing the same thing, back into my own PC and its normal again. Friend also had a GTX 1650 that was only powered by the PCIe slot and it didn't have these issues. Tried reinstalling drivers and tried friends card in my PC which also worked fine. Any suggestions?!?!?!

PC specs are:
i5 10400f
16gb 3200mhz Corsair Vengance
Asus TUF 3060ti
Asus Prime B560m-a
Silverstone ET750 PSU
Samsung 980 Pro
Crucial BX500

So I recently built my friend a new PC with everything brand new other than the graphics card. First game we fired up the card immediately got really hot, fans went to 100%, and the PC crashed. Naturally we thought the card was faulty so we sent it back to the owner who tested it on FurMark for an hour and was perfectly fine, put it back in our system and overheated again. I threw in my personal GPU which is the same model (3060ti) to see if it was the cards fault, but my card started doing the same thing, back into my own PC and its normal again. Friend also had a GTX 1650 that was only powered by the PCIe slot and it didn't have these issues. Tried reinstalling drivers and tried friends card in my PC which also worked fine. Any suggestions?!?!?!

PC specs are:
i5 10400f
16gb 3200mhz Corsair Vengance
Asus TUF 3060ti
Asus Prime B560m-a
Silverstone ET750 PSU
Samsung 980 Pro
Crucial BX500
Are you positive you're using the correct cable from PSU to power the GPU?

There are a number of variants of the asus 3060ti cards.
Exactly which one does friend have, and exactly what model is your 3060ti?
Some cards are factory overclocked and will boost to very high levels requiring the fans to try to control the heat.
Is Asus tweak involved on one pc and not the other?

May 8, 2022
problem is, it's happening to some games. Dota 2 or warzone works fine. My temp fired up to 1000c in the game "The Forest"and the fans were so loud like it's gonna fly.
I feel like its only on games that actually stress the cards 100%. The PC can run low end games fine just fine but any usage above 50% just makes temps skyrocket.

May 8, 2022
There are a number of variants of the asus 3060ti cards.
Exactly which one does friend have, and exactly what model is your 3060ti?
Some cards are factory overclocked and will boost to very high levels requiring the fans to try to control the heat.
Is Asus tweak involved on one pc and not the other?
My personal card is a Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060ti and my friends card is an Asus TUF Gaming 3060ti. His card is a lot bigger than mine so I have no doubt it should be able to run the games he plays. My card also overheats instantly on his PC but as soon as they are both in my PC running the same games they are both fine just fine.