Graphical Bugs with HD 5970

TheFirm34

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
Hello people who have way more knowledge then me.

A few weeks ago or so I started seeing some strange graphical bugs on my desktop, in games and sometimes when watching movies.
They seem to happen when my computer has been on a while even though this has never been a problem before. (Usually my computer is running 24/7)
This is the sort of stuff im talking about:

I doubt it has to do with overheating of the graphics card since it's mostly around 60C
I did once get a BSOD that said it was "Dumping physical memory", and im still not sure if it's to do with the gfx card or my memory.

As for my comp specs:

i5 750 @ 3.2ghz with 1.2v
8gb ram @ 1.6v
850W PSU
Sapphire HD 5970 gfx card (stock speeds)

Any help on what this might be and/or how to go about trying to fix it is greatly appreciated. And also what this graphical abnormality is called would be ace! (Graphical block bugs?)

Cheers in advance guys.

TheFirm34

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
Originally I had used 4gb of ram, but upgraded it to 8gb many months ago. It might be a fault in one of them possibly?

Dumping Physical Memory, right? Then I think you had a problem with memory (RAM).
Test each of your RAM and see which one that gives you problem.
Also, tried updating driver with the latest? Note that sometimes the older version of driver could be more stable than the latest one, or other way...
Last, make sure your card is free from dust. :)