graphical glitch then crash at login screen

V1sH0t

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015
Problem description: I recently flew internationally and shipped my computer. When I arrived my login screen now does a graphical glitch with white and black lines. After the lines the windows 7 login screen appears but the entire screen is choppy. A few seconds later the screen goes light blue with faint lines.
imgur pics of my screen
I didnt capture a pic of the glitched login but it comes in between these two.

Other Details:
I dont experience this glitch on safe mode. I can login and access my files.

Questions:
1. Is this a hardware or software issue? Data corruption or hard drive issue from magnetic fields during transit?

2. If it is a software/data issue Is there any way I can get windows reinstalled without wiping out my personal files and/or programs?

any replies greatly appreciated.

Solution
The main difference between Safe Mode which works for and Normal Mode, which doesn't, is the level of graphics. If you can log in in Normal Mode, try a few resolution changes in Control Panel>Display. One of them might work. If you can't, in Safe Mode press the Windows key and R together then in the input box type msconfig and hit Enter.

Under the Boot tab, tick Base Video then click Apply and OK your way out. See if things work in Normal. Safe Mode works in the basic 800x600 and that's what your Normal Mode will be doing. If you can log in, try those resolution changes but take the tick out of Bas Graphics before restarting again..

Next time you ship it, try to keep it in cabin baggage. The hold gets pretty cold at...
The main difference between Safe Mode which works for and Normal Mode, which doesn't, is the level of graphics. If you can log in in Normal Mode, try a few resolution changes in Control Panel>Display. One of them might work. If you can't, in Safe Mode press the Windows key and R together then in the input box type msconfig and hit Enter.

Under the Boot tab, tick Base Video then click Apply and OK your way out. See if things work in Normal. Safe Mode works in the basic 800x600 and that's what your Normal Mode will be doing. If you can log in, try those resolution changes but take the tick out of Bas Graphics before restarting again..

Next time you ship it, try to keep it in cabin baggage. The hold gets pretty cold at 35,000 feet.

Solution