JarvisKong

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Specs:
Intel Core i5 3.30ghz
4gb DDR3 RAM
Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870
Windows 7 64 bit

Using AMD's 12.11 beta drivers (with CAP 2, as was recommended for Far Cry 3 specifically by the site).

Yesterday I installed the 7870. Everything is running very well, but I've had a couple problems and I think it must be on my end (rather than the games').

In Skyrim, I had a bunch of flickering stuff when I stood in one area. So far, I've only noticed it there, but I'll keep an eye out.

In Far Cry 3, I seem to have quite a few flickering shadows. Also, sometimes when I'm in the starting village, this... pattern of dots (that's the best way I can describe it) slashes/flickers across the screen. I've only noticed it there. Edit: It looks kind of like TV static, almost.

Here's a YouTube video of someone evidently having the same problem. Mine is MUCH less extreme and much rarer than this, though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CwsSiit9Z4

Is this a driver issue?

Edit: I did a complete, clean (deleting all remnants of AMD stuff in C: and the registry, following a guide) uninstall and reinstall of the 12.11 beta drivers. I'm still getting that last issue. It's definitely ignorable/playable, but I don't like that it's still happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.