[SOLVED] Graphical glitches on the screen but manufacturer said my gpu was fine (was water damaged)

duykhang5687

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017
Hello guys! Hope you are doing fine, I'm Khang and I want to ask you guys about something, I'm afraid this thread might be a little long so stick with me if you can spare your time ^^ Btw I'm kinda stupid when talking about hardware so pardon for my stupidity if you spot one when reading my thread :p
A month ago, when I was gaming via streaming from my PC with Nvidia Gamestream and in the middle of my gaming session, my PC freezed and I lost connection, I tried to connect to my PC using Remote Desktop Connection but no use. Later that day, I went home and discovered that my PC was water damaged, I can't tell how much because the water dried out when I got home but I can say my whole PC got water all over it as there are holes on top of my case so ¯\(ツ)/¯ )
I brought it to someone who fixes PC and stuff (Btw in my country, professionals aren't really professional, keep this in mind) They said that the water killed my GPU but luckily that he said he could revive the rest of the PC so I trusted him. After a day of fixing, I brought the PC home and had an intention of saving up money for a new gpu. During that time, I let my PC as it was for like almost 2 weeks to dry out completely if there was some water left in the PC.
I got a new GPU and put it in my PC, it worked! And I was setting up things on my PC, then...I got some weird graphical glitches on the screen after 3 hours of using it. I thought that my gpu was failing but after a while, I doubted that my gpu was failing. Instead, "Maybe the PSU is indeed killing my components after that water damage" I said to myself. But I brought the GPU to the one whom I bought it from and asked him to check if anything is wrong with my GPU, after days of checking, He said it was fine then, I also asked him to bring the gpu to the manufacturer to see if it is actually failing as I still have warranty on it. Days went by and still they said no signs of failing at all! This confused me because I'm really stupid at hardware lol. I don't know what's wrong about my PC, maybe It's related to my PSU? or my Motherboard? I have no idea what could have been damaged after that water damage. Also it's worth mentioning that sometimes when graphical glitches show up and screen flashes black intensively, there's a chance that my PC will force restart and also my gpu randomly reaches 100% usage for no reason (A spike also occur during that time, no background task at all, you can see at the image below). And if you ask whether I tried reinstalling the driver then yes, I did uninstall the driver using DDU and Install the latest driver, I also downgraded the driver to 461.92 and 460.89 but no magic happened ;-;
You can see my specs down here and also image of graphical glitches:
Specs:
-Monitor: 2 Monitors but I can assure that my monitors work fine as I can use them normally when I connect them to my laptop
-CPU: Intel i5 9400F
-GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB Mini
-PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt Lite 500W 230V
-Asrock B360M Pro4
-Ram: 2x4GB-Kingmax-2400 + 1x8GB-Teamgroup-2666
-Graphical glitches: View: https://imgur.com/a/V26kmlB

-GPU hitting 100% usage for no reason: View: https://imgur.com/a/fyLxdGf

If you know what's happening to my PC, I'd love to see your reply! Thanks for reading and have a nice day ^^

Solution
It was the gpu after all, I brought it back to the manufacturer againnnn and they replaced my gpu. Didn't need to replace psu after all. Anyway, thanks everyone who replied to my thread! Hope you will have a great day!

duykhang5687

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017
Being you can run...I would check the temps and the voltages with HWInfo.
The main voltages should remain within 5% of +12, +5 and + 3.3 at ALL times.
The GPU and CPU temp are generally good below about 80-85C depending.
I'll check when I get the gpu back, thanks for telling me. I will update the post asap after I check it

As they are now.....I don't see anything wrong...but that screenshot looks like it was taken at idle as the CPU temp didn't change at all.

I have concern regarding the 12V.

It read 11.6 at one point....and if this is idle...I can see it going under 11.4 under load....and this would cause problems.

duykhang5687

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017
As they are now.....I don't see anything wrong...but that screenshot looks like it was taken at idle as the CPU temp didn't change at all.

It read 11.6 at one point....and if this is idle...I can see it going under 11.4 under load....and this would cause problems.
So can I do anything about it then?

duykhang5687

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017

There is a problem now. Yesterday, i was using the pc just fine but this morning i woke up and booted my pc just to see this View: http://imgur.com/a/PVYMI7I

DSzymborski

Titan
There's a lot going on here. First off, I wouldn't trust anything said by this guy you had look at your PC. If you had water damage, no professional would assure you ahead of time, sight unseen, that everything would be fine; you already sound suspicious of him anyway.

Are you sure this GPU was new? The GTX 1070 was released five years ago so it's likely to be a used one.

The other possible problem is that the PSU is very junky, a low, low end, group-regulated one with very cheap components, at the very bottom of Cooler Master's already unimpressive PSU product stack. It should not have been used with a GTX 1070 in any case.

duykhang5687

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017
There's a lot going on here. First off, I wouldn't trust anything said by this guy you had look at your PC. If you had water damage, no professional would assure you ahead of time, sight unseen, that everything would be fine; you already sound suspicious of him anyway.

Are you sure this GPU was new? The GTX 1070 was released five years ago so it's likely to be a used one.

The other possible problem is that the PSU is very junky, a low, low end, group-regulated one with very cheap components, at the very bottom of Cooler Master's already unimpressive PSU product stack. It should not have been used with a GTX 1070 in any case.
I think I should replace with a new psu to see if it is faulty

I think I should replace with a new psu to see if it is faulty
Great idea.
I would get at least 600 watts and something decent.

These may help.

duykhang5687

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017
It was the gpu after all, I brought it back to the manufacturer againnnn and they replaced my gpu. Didn't need to replace psu after all. Anyway, thanks everyone who replied to my thread! Hope you will have a great day!

Solution