Discussion Graphics booting to secondary monitor instead of primary

zippycar

Prominent
Mar 19, 2018
Is there anyone able to figure this out please. I had a 3 hair comb-over, now I have lost it all! Running two monitors (well one is a Sony 32 inch tv and the other (main) is my samsung monitor). I run a DP to the TV and a HDMI to the monitor from a 1080ti GPU. When I boot up to get into bios, it is my TV that boots first and not my main monitor? I have swapped changed and done just about everything I can think of in the Nvidia control panel, I have messed around countless times with Windows display but I simply cannot get my main monitor to boot up first. Yes, I can unplug the leads but that is not the solution. Anyone any ideas please? Also resolution, I go into Nvidia to click on customise to add 1920x1080, however the message tells me that it is already in PC, but its not?

Is there anyone able to figure this out please. I had a 3 hair comb-over, now I have lost it all! Running two monitors (well one is a Sony 32 inch tv and the other (main) is my samsung monitor). I run a DP to the TV and a HDMI to the monitor from a 1080ti GPU. When I boot up to get into bios, it is my TV that boots first and not my main monitor? I have swapped changed and done just about everything I can think of in the Nvidia control panel, I have messed around countless times with Windows display but I simply cannot get my main monitor to boot up first. Yes, I can unplug the leads but that is not the solution. Anyone any ideas please? Also resolution, I go into Nvidia to click on customise to add 1920x1080, however the message tells me that it is already in PC, but its not?
Have you tried runing the display cable to the monitor?? If it's like my 1080 the display port "is the main port" so what ever is plugged into the display is where the bios will post. I hate it i had to order i special display to hdmi for my monitior i had the same problem dispaly port on the tv but not the monitor. But the monitor has hdmi so i got the display to hdmi and now my bios post on my monitor

zippycar

Prominent
Mar 19, 2018
Have you tried runing the display cable to the monitor?? If it's like my 1080 the display port "is the main port" so what ever is plugged into the display is where the bios will post. I hate it i had to order i special display to hdmi for my monitior i had the same problem dispaly port on the tv but not the monitor. But the monitor has hdmi so i got the display to hdmi and now my bios post on my monitor

What can I say? I have sat there for hours and longer, and thought I had gone through every conceivable motion to fix this problem, but only to fail. Along comes white.a.drew and solves it within a second! I just this second tried exactly as you said and you are right that DP seems to be preferable to boot than HDMI. Trouble with my 1080ti is I have only 1 Hdmi 1 DVI and 4 DPs, so I was forced into the same situation by having to purchase HDMI to DP.

Thank you! White.A.drew

What can I say? I have sat there for hours and longer, and thought I had gone through every conceivable motion to fix this problem, but only to fail. Along comes white.a.drew and solves it within a second! I just this second tried exactly as you said and you are right that DP seems to be preferable to boot than HDMI. Trouble with my 1080ti is I have only 1 Hdmi 1 DVI and 4 DPs, so I was forced into the same situation by having to purchase HDMI to DP.

Thank you! White.A.drew
Haha lol yeah not a problem it took me six hr's to find that out on my own.... :( xD mine is more of a pain in the butt... If it's not the first dis'p it wont show anything till the windows screen boots