[SOLVED] Graphics card advice

Solution
Couple things for your 5700XT.

First did you properly insert the card and connect both the 8 and 6 pin power cables?

Secondly run DDU (display driver uninstaller) to remove all traces of video drivers (AMD as well As Nvidia if you need) You need to be in safe mode to use this properly.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Then plug in your 5700XT, making sur eyour monitor is plugged into the card and not motherboard, and try and turn your PC on.
Dec 22, 2019
What's your budget?

Also unless you are doing something like video editing then integrated graphics is probably enough for you.
I have a Radeon HD 6850 which gives me 1080p, I bought an RX 5700 XT, not sure why but I cannot get my system to boot past post with it in. I spent over $400 for that. I do some video editing. I just want to use all of my 1440p. I used to have 2 monitors, but I needed to reclaim some desk space.

First did you properly insert the card and connect both the 8 and 6 pin power cables?

Secondly run DDU (display driver uninstaller) to remove all traces of video drivers (AMD as well As Nvidia if you need) You need to be in safe mode to use this properly.

Then plug in your 5700XT, making sur eyour monitor is plugged into the card and not motherboard, and try and turn your PC on.

Solution
I have a Radeon HD 6850 which gives me 1080p, I bought an RX 5700 XT, not sure why but I cannot get my system to boot past post with it in. I spent over $400 for that. I do some video editing. I just want to use all of my 1440p. I used to have 2 monitors, but I needed to reclaim some desk space.

The onboard video is fine to run 1440 resolution if you are not playing games. Your 6850 is also fine for that it can run 2560 x 1600 over HDMI, DP and DVI ports. Not sure why you thought you had to get a new video card, especially a $400 one, if you can still return it, return it, that is money you did not need to spend.

Dec 22, 2019
The onboard video is fine to run 1440 resolution if you are not playing games. Your 6850 is also fine for that it can run 2560 x 1600 over HDMI, DP and DVI ports. Not sure why you thought you had to get a new video card, especially a $400 one, if you can still return it, return it, that is money you did not need to spend.
I could not get the 6850 to go any higher than 1080p, new drivers no change. AMD Tech Support off until 1/2/2020

Dec 22, 2019

I did all those things except the Nvidia drivers, there may be some from an earlier card, I did cleal the AMD. I will try again AMD & Nvidia.

Dec 22, 2019
I did all those things except the Nvidia drivers, there may be some from an earlier card, I did cleal the AMD. I will try again AMD & Nvidia.
Just cleaned Nvidia and AMD GPU drivers in Safe Mode, shut down, installed new card..........same results, no boot past POST. Reinstalled 6850 drivers still only 1080p. Ordered new power supply