Graphics Card and Ram Upgrade for my old PC

mohit458

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
Hi guys,
want to upgrade my graphics card and ram for my system.
my current config is:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz,
Memory: 4096MB RAM DDR2
Board: G41M-Combo
Psu: Corsair 600 watt
Card: GTS 250

so pls suggest graphics card and ram. my Board supports DDR3 rams so pls suggest DDR3 rams, should i go for 1333 mhz rams??

Budget: not an issue as long as it keeps my processor and board.

and one last thing, can i play Assassins Creed Unity by any chance?? :??:

kimboslice90

Reputable
Jun 27, 2014
Assassins Creed Unity is easily playable on a dual core, its a gpu-heavy game, so far as I've heard. If you're looking to save money just go with the R9-270X, but if you want all max settings/AA/AF at 1080p-1440p then you may want the quad core and a 270X

manbearpiig

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2013
If I were you I would recommend just getting a new motherboard and CPU along with more RAM and a GPU because the core 2 duo is going to bottleneck a lot of current GPU. If not I'd recommend Corsair Vengeance 8GB @ 1600mhz as its relatively cheap and 1600mhz is perfectly good. For a gpu it doesn't make any sense to get a crazy fast one, unless your planning on getting a new CPU, so I'd say a gtx 660ti is more than enough.

manbearpiig

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2013

Yes ^ I concur

kinda found what I was looking for at first on the memory for a g41 from Kingston rep... I also had the near same reply from g-skill on there older intel chipsets and the newer memory not so compatible any more

Hi, I'm Jewel with Kingston Technical Support and would like to offer our assistance. It is possible that the HyperX 4GB memory modules are Single Rank as the latest builds of that part number are Single Rank. Up until recently 4GB modules were standard Dual Rank. Basically, the issue that can occur is that the memory module uses high capacity individual memory chips (DRAM) that the motherboard is not equipped to recognize. Usually, if a motherboard is able to recognized standard 8GB modules it should not have an issue recognizing Single Rank 4GB modules. A "1R" may be printed on the label which would indicate it as single rank. Otherwise, we can confirm this based on a reference number printed on the memory label that we can look up in our system. Other common issue with the DDR2/DDR3 combo motherboards that can be overlooked is that it only supports DDR2 OR DDR3 memory. This means you cannot have both DDR2 AND DDR3 memory installed at the same time, it is an either/or option. We do not currently support your PFG41C-M LX motherboard as we no longer manufacture memory that would be compatible with that motherboard. For any further assistance, please call us at 1-800-435-0640 (USA and Canada only) M - F 6am - 6pm PT and I or another available Technician will assist you. Please be sure to have the part in question on hand when you call.

TRENDING THREADS