Graphics card and the pcie watt limitation

Jul 9, 2018
Hello I am so confused I need some guidance on this I have a optiplex 790 Mt model from dell. Specs for this prebuilt
Core i3 2100
8gb ram ddr3

I want to put in a gtx 750 for a graphics card and some what of a 400 w psu
I have heard that on dell mobo they have 35 watt power limit on the pcie slot I'm so confused on what I should do
Do the graphic cards can they be routed to only direct power from the psu or what someone please help thanks!!
Jason

Solution
I've never seen an MT model with a 35W PCIe limit. They do that sometimes on the Desktop (DT) , and Small Form Factor (SFF) versions which take low profile cards. The Dell PSU will support up to a GTX1050Ti or GTX1050 which I would recommend unless you're saving a bunch of money. But avoid any cards that need an external power cable and you should be OK.
I've never seen an MT model with a 35W PCIe limit. They do that sometimes on the Desktop (DT) , and Small Form Factor (SFF) versions which take low profile cards. The Dell PSU will support up to a GTX1050Ti or GTX1050 which I would recommend unless you're saving a bunch of money. But avoid any cards that need an external power cable and you should be OK.

Solution