Question Graphics card broken?..

Mar 29, 2022
Hello. I had yesterday a very bad day with my PC.

I wanted to change the PC case, so i take all the parts out from my old case and put them to the new case. I didnt take notice at the new case and it There was an extra place where I had to insert the screw to hold the motherboard in place i didn't see it I put all the screws ram hdd video card etc. When I boot the PC after 1 sec it turned off back and never turned on untill i switched off the power supply i did this 3-4 times .

After that I unscrewed the screws and removed the motherboard And then I saw that a connector where a screw was needed was touching the rams connectors on the motherboard so somehow the motherboard was briefly in place where the ram connectors are under the motherboard that circuit (i hope you understand..

I removed that screw conector and put it again in place with all hdd graphics card etc. I turned it on and after that the motherboard runs normally no more shut downs.

Here is the issue now, since then, the graphics card don't post image anymore. Tryed both VGA and HDMI . I replaced the video card with another video card and it works . But is a cheap video card i only tried it . My graphics card was an Radeon hd 6970. Replaced it with other card and the PC turn on.. display etc all working. .

So i want to ask.. is my graphics card broken now because of that short circuit on the motherboard? And also now when PC boot there is no beep coming from the speaker . After that short circuit . But gladly it works i tested it with my other cheap video card all is good..

I want to know for sure so i can buy other graphics card.. is the graphics card damaged due to the short circuit to the ram pins ? Or the motherboard has any problem and can't handle anymore biggest power graphics ? I mention that other graphic card work normally YouTube 4k no stutter nothing drivers all ok . Also no damage to rams (idk how.. they were short circuited..) but they works . Only this (graphics card no image and no more beep when PC turn on.)

So was the graphics card damaged ? Or motherboard ? If i buy a new card similar with this card will it work ?

Mar 29, 2022
To understand better the short circuit was made here : View: https://imgur.com/a/dame9Fg so when I put the graphics card inside the old one , the PC boots normally i can see it by listening the windows 11 welcome sound.. but no display. So it detect the graphics card ( it won't boot without graphics card ) . Using other graphics card fix the issue but I want to make sure the graphics card was damaged or the motherboard cant handle other motherboard because if the short circuit

KyaraM

Admirable
It's possible that it got damaged, yes. Can you test your card in a different system? Did you check that the power connectors are firmly plugged into the card? Do you have a different PCIe slot where you can test it in?

Mar 29, 2022
It's possible that it got damaged, yes. Can you test your card in a different system? Did you check that the power connectors are firmly plugged into the card? Do you have a different PCIe slot where you can test it in?

I don't have other PC. The connectors yes are good i tested them in my other cheap card

No other graphics slots . But is there any way the motherboard got damaged and can't handle higher power graphics card? 🤔 I mean I want to make sure the damage is only with the graphics card