Graphics card can't be found ( AMD ) only inbuilt graphics

Bayley

Commendable
Sep 1, 2016
Hello,
I've just recently encountered a problem with my fairly new computer system, I've had it for about 6 months and up until this point everything has been smooth sailing.

I play games regularly ( at least once a day ) and very rarely encounter lag problems due too my hardware. I've just reached 100hrs on a game with it running fine most of the 6 months I've owned the computer, but today when i jumped on it was so laggy the main title screen would jump and skip around without even letting me get into the in-game settings.
Sorry for the large story but just wanted to make clear that the card hasn't had any problems and was working fine up until now.. its really confused me..

Angry at the game I've tried to find out whats wrong with my graphics card ( AMD Radeon TM R7 360 series ) within the AMD program, every time i click the program i get an error telling me to connect AMD graphics too it and that Radeon settings aren't available...
I've tried looking at the hardware itself and all i could see ( that would be a problem ) was dust but I've cleared it and still nothing.. If anyone can suggest something to help it would be greatly appreciated..

Also, I'm running Windows 10 (64 bit)
Regards Bayley

Solution
depends on how confident u r...there is always a first time...but having said that, with computer hardwares things can mess up pretty easily...
lets skip the complicated parts for now...
if i am not mistaken, u have cleaned the dust with the card attached...so, detach the card and clean it first and reattach...also clear the cmos battery for 20-30 mins to drain it fully...see if that fixes it...
lets see if this helps...

> download display driver uninstaller from guru3d...run it and uninstall all current drivers...
> power off the system and reset the cmos battery...
> clean the card properly for dust accumulation...
> power on the system and update the bios to the latest one, but before that, keep a copy of the older bios, in case the new one doesnt work...(optional)
> now go to the nvidia/amd website and download the latest drivers for the card and install them...
> along with that u should update ur...vcredist, c++ redistributable, directx, and .net framework...

let us know wat happns...

Bayley

Commendable
Sep 1, 2016
Sorry man, I'm not very knowledgeable with computers.
I figured out the cmos battery and where that is but whats the bios? And how do i go about saving older bios? will it fuck things if not?
Also ur last point made no sense to me man, sorry..
I just don't wanna wreck it even more by not knowing..

bios is where u configure ur hardware settings...u access it on startup before windows loads...the default access key varies from board to board but usually it shd be repeated F2 press...
for updating ur bios check ur motherboard manual or watch youtube video...
for the last point, well...vcredist/dierectx are usually utilities that helps ur gpu to run appropriately...

if u r not sure about doing all this, go to a professional store in ur vicinity and let them do it for you...

Bayley

Commendable
Sep 1, 2016
It all sounds pretty straight forward, would it hurt to give it a go myself? like can i cause any problems doing so if i was to do it wrong?

Just a little worried i'll fuck it, because i don't have more money to fix the fucker haha or should i just go to pro?

depends on how confident u r...there is always a first time...but having said that, with computer hardwares things can mess up pretty easily...
lets skip the complicated parts for now...
if i am not mistaken, u have cleaned the dust with the card attached...so, detach the card and clean it first and reattach...also clear the cmos battery for 20-30 mins to drain it fully...see if that fixes it...

Solution

Bayley

Commendable
Sep 1, 2016
Sorry for late reply, internet dropped. All is good now, cleared dust from graphics card and removed battery from motherboard ( about 20 minutes )and all was sweet. Start up took forever and then updated for about an hour but now fantastic, thankyou heaps :)