Question Graphics card causing computer problems during start up

Sep 18, 2019
Hi there im sort of a tech in training, but recently i ordered a new xfx radeon 5700 DD ultra, it came with no drivers disk and the drivers had to be installed prior to installing the graphics card. However when i hook up the card and start the computer it gets as far as the start screen and starts loading windows and then just stops showing signal, along with that if it does make it as far as getting the windows loaded, it goes straight into repair mode and stops working. And last of the problems is that the graphics cards fans wont work.

Edit: i uninstalled the drivers on my old msi r9 380 and the windows swapped to the basic windows graphics driver, and it basically worked fine except the fans still didnt work, but the moment i tried installing the drivers for it that i got online, all signal from the card cut off.
My pc parts are:

Cpu: amd fx3820
Gpu (atm) : msi r9 380
Mobo : 970a-d3p gigabyte motherboard

Thank you to anyone able to help

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2019
I would try it in another machine and if it didn't work there I would RMA it.
I think my problem is more computer side rather than gpu side, I had also ordered a gigabyte 5700 a week before this one and it did the same thing as this one, in which i refunded and i bought this one with the refund money.

TRENDING THREADS