Question Graphics Card Clock Abnormalities at Low Load

Mar 8, 2023
I am not an English speaker.
Occurs when your computer is idle or under-loaded, such as surfing the web.
The clock on the graphics card and the memory clock on the graphics card suddenly go up to the limit. Stuttering occurs as the clock returns to normal.
Sometimes the monitor is disconnected and then reconnected.
It lasts for a few seconds and happens frequently.
This also occurs on the password entry screen after Windows boots.
How can we solve this problem?

Mar 8, 2023
The hardware info can confirm that the clocks on the graphics card suddenly rise, but the Task Manager could not identify a program with an increasing GPU share.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
What are the complete specs of this build?
New or updated older build? Anything new installed in line with the issue presenting itself?

If "new" build, did you do a clean install of OS and get all the motherboard level drivers from the manufacturer's website?

Mar 8, 2023
5600X
asus ex a320m gaming
gigabyte rtx 3060 ti d6x gaming oc + 1660 super
gigabyte ud750gm 80plus gold

They are all newly purchased products and tested on the latest Windows 10 and Windows 11.
I've used both old and new drivers using ddu.
The bios of all the parts are up to date.

Mar 8, 2023
thumb-803ca3b77ca5c219a2a2b57618fddb2f3b432305.png

Simply surfing the web and moving between tabs raise the clock.
The clock rises to its maximum, resulting in high frequency.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
So far as I know, all current browsers use hardware acceleration. My own system does very similarly to what you report when I open such as YouTube. I don't experience the stuttering though.

Am I understanding correctly that you have (2) graphics cards installed on this system, or is that the option card?

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
If you look in Event Viewer and Reliability History, do you see anything that corresponds to this issue?

Critical and Error would be the main tabs to look at, but might be worthwhile to wade through the others as well to see if there is some recurring event that could help explain this strange issue.