[SOLVED] Graphics Card Compatibility

Owain Williams

Reputable
Jul 20, 2015
I have a PC Mate Z97 with a LGA 1150 CPU socket
I'm looking to upgrade my GPU to a GeForce GTX 1070Ti EX 8192MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card however I don't have the correct PCI socket is there a motherboard that had both LGA 1150 and PCI express sockets? Or can I connect it to my current motherboard?

Solution
there is a very high chance that there is no problem doing that but when you say i dont have the correct pcie socket i am very confused? a z97 board will surely have a 3.0 x16 slot which would be fine but im wondering why you say that you dont have the correct pcie socket?

kadec.a.mackinney

Commendable
Aug 21, 2018
there is a very high chance that there is no problem doing that but when you say i dont have the correct pcie socket i am very confused? a z97 board will surely have a 3.0 x16 slot which would be fine but im wondering why you say that you dont have the correct pcie socket?

Solution

Owain Williams

Reputable
Jul 20, 2015

I'm fairly new to this so unsure what I'm doing but looking at the picture of the new GPU it doesn't seem like it will slot in correctly. Does it connect on two different levels? as I have the main slot then a smaller one above.

Owain Williams

Reputable
Jul 20, 2015

my bad was looking at the wrong side :pt1cable: