[SOLVED] Graphics card compatible?

Dec 15, 2021
I wanna upgrade my graphics card will a 3080 work with this motherboard? ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G30AB Rev 1.xx. It's my old pre built pc.
And is there other things i need to think about ? Im not that experienced with pc building

Solution
Your system is old enough that you would probably need a PSU upgrade for something that powerful to work. If your PSU was good enough, you could technically get a 3080, but your CPU will not be up to the task of matching the performance of the 3080. It would be best to do a whole system upgrade at this point, because a new CPU is recommended, and that would require a new CPU, Motherboard, and RAM. Once you replace the CPU, Motherboard, RAM, PSU, and GPU, you have built a whole new system, aside from Case and storage. I would recommend building a new system, and then you still have a complete system that you could use as a server PC, a backup, or sell as a working PC to recover some cash.
Your system is old enough that you would probably need a PSU upgrade for something that powerful to work. If your PSU was good enough, you could technically get a 3080, but your CPU will not be up to the task of matching the performance of the 3080. It would be best to do a whole system upgrade at this point, because a new CPU is recommended, and that would require a new CPU, Motherboard, and RAM. Once you replace the CPU, Motherboard, RAM, PSU, and GPU, you have built a whole new system, aside from Case and storage. I would recommend building a new system, and then you still have a complete system that you could use as a server PC, a backup, or sell as a working PC to recover some cash.

Solution
Dec 15, 2021
Thanks will do! :)

That should be a nice midrange PC for you. When you get it, or before if possible, check to see what PSU it comes with, assuming it was a prebuilt. Prebuilt PCs like to use a cheaper PSU that would work fine for now, but is worth considering upgrading to a better quality unit in the near future.

Reactions: SocksInBlender