[SOLVED] Graphics card crashing in-game

sloppymuffin

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2010
After about 30 min in furmark or a variable amount of time in games my computer will start producing graphics artifacts then completely crash. Max gpu temp was 78°c, max cpu temp was 67°c. I've RMAed the gpu twice and the PSU once each time I replaced the gpu it would play games for hours fine then start having issues a week or 2 after being installed.
System specs:.
Ryzen 1700.
ASRock fatality b350 mini itx Mobo.
GeIL EVO Potenza 32GB 2 x 16GB DDR4-2400.
Evga super clocked Gtx 1080ti.
Silverstone 800 watt sfx-l PSU 80+ titanium.
1 hdd.
1 m.2 ssd.
3 sata ssd's.
Silverstone ftz01 mini itx case.

Solution
Use either Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe system performance when you start gaming.

Just leave the window open but dragged to one side.

You can also use Reliability History and Event Viewer to look for error codes and warnings that precede or correspond with the times of the crashes.

Total up the wattage demands of all system components. Use the high end wattage if a wattage range is provided.

Once totaled add 25%. How close is that final wattage to 800?

Ralston18

Titan
Use either Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe system performance when you start gaming.

Just leave the window open but dragged to one side.

You can also use Reliability History and Event Viewer to look for error codes and warnings that precede or correspond with the times of the crashes.

Total up the wattage demands of all system components. Use the high end wattage if a wattage range is provided.

Once totaled add 25%. How close is that final wattage to 800?

Solution