Question Graphics card detection

May 22, 2019
Just a question, will my dedicated graphics card be detected by the system even if i plug my display on my integrated gc?

HP Elitedesk 800 G2 SFF
Intel HD Graphics 530
MSI 1050Ti LP

D

Deleted member 14196

What are you trying to do? You don’t want to game from the integrated intel graphics. That’s for sure.

May 22, 2019
my device manager won't show my gpu nor dxdiag ang gpu-z. My hdmi adapter is still shipping but I'm curious about this. I'm afraid my graphics card is faulty if it doesn't show in device manager.

May 22, 2019
Just on the integrated video port cause I still don’t have the right adapter for it. Will it still be detected even if I just plug it in my integrated video port?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Just on the integrated video port cause I still don’t have the right adapter for it. Will it still be detected even if I just plug it in my integrated video port?
Yes, it should be fine then. I'm kind of surprise you get a display from the integrated (iGPU) video port when there's a discrete card in the PCIe x16 slot, tho. Usually the iGPU is disabled when there is a card in the PCIe x16 slot. But not always; depends on the architecture.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Yes it is.
PSU nameplate

update:
i received the adapter, and still... no signal when plugged from my gpu to vga monitor.
That PSU's +12V rail is marginal for the GTX 1050 Ti. But I doubt that is why you aren't getting a display. I have no info on that HDMI to VGA adapter other than to say it appears to indeed be an active adapter. Unfortunately, some work well, some don't. Do you have the video cable plugged into the card (and NOT the motherboard)

I notice that the adapter comes with a USB cable. Are you using that? Most active adapters get their power from the +5V available at the HDMI connector. But that one may need the USB cable connected for power.

Your motherboard has two PCIe x16 slots, correct? Be sure you're in the black one (nearest the CPU).
I suppose it's possible you have a bad card. Used or new?
Can you test the card on anyone else's PC?

As to CPU-Z, there's never much info in the graphics interface section. It just says "x16" in the two middle boxes on mine.

Reactions: godspng