[SOLVED] Graphics card does not display on monitor unless I use HDMI to VGA adaptor. How do I fix this issue?

Nov 25, 2019
So i have a gtx 1050 ti and an old monitor that supports only vga. And because of that I had to use my expensive HDMI to VGA adaptor for the pc. And when I bought my graphics card, I had a questionable power supply which smoked out black stuff after I started fifa 19. Im not sure if this is actually related or not with the actual issue (the power supply burning). But no components were harmed and my graphics card was tested by the sellers, turned out ok. So here is the problem. Only with the VGA adaptor in my graphics card it sends signal to the vga ports of my tv or monitor, and it won't display with direct Hdmi cable. So can somebody tell me whats happening?

Nov 25, 2019
For HDMI to VGA you'd need an active converter. A simple cable/passive adapter would not work.
No my issue is if I dont use the converter and only use direct hdmi output with an hdmi cable, no signal goes to the monitor. Only when I use a converter that it sends signal to monitor or tv.

TLDR, My graphics card wont post normally through direct connection with only Hdmi cable, I have to use a hdmi to vga converter.