Graphics Card Driver issue

Apr 7, 2018
I've been having this problem for almost a month now. I found a video about a modded Intel 82865G Driver. So I uninstalled the one I currently had on this Windows XP SP2 PC. It was a big mistake since I keep getting access denied. I tried everything but apparently I found out the problem in my setupapi.log:

#-166 Device install function: DIF_INSTALLDEVICE.
#-035 Processing service Add/Delete section [i865G.Services].
#E279 Add Service: Failed to create service "ialm". Error 5: Access is denied.
#E033 Error 5: Access is denied.
#E275 Error while installing services. Error 5: Access is denied.
#E154 Class installer failed. Error 5: Access is denied.

I installed it using the installer in the modded driver's folder since using the Device Manager with the "Have Disk" thing and it says Access Denied there too, meanwhile in the installer it says "Unkown Error" which might aswell just be translated to "Access Denied". Everything else above the lines that I mentioned in the setupapi.log file were all successfull things, and I couldn't paste it all in here since it's too long.

I don't have my Windows XP SP2 CD. I lost it some time ago and also my account is IN the lusrmgr.msc

Apr 7, 2018

I don't know what you mean by "It might reset the whole thing". I already am doing "Update" on Device Manager and still access denied. All I have in "Display Adapters" is a plain thing called "Video Controller (VGA Compatible)" and before I uninstalled my driver I had "82865G Controller" or something.