[SOLVED] Graphics card driver not working properly...

Richard67

Commendable
Feb 17, 2019
I have an AMD Radeon HD 6570 installed in a Dell setup. Recently I ran updates for Windows 10 and Photoshop. Now Photoshop has stopped in some of it's fundamental tools including poor screen draws and the inability to rotate the canvas.

I went to Adobe and a guy crawled into my system (controlling my desktop virtually) and couldn't get it to work. In the end he talked about gpu driver file corruption.

I'm not sure what's going on but the gpu seems to be working for other programs. The problems are in Photoshop only. Windows is updated. Photoshop is also uptodate.

Should I go back to Adobe and see if someone more knowledgeable could assist me?

I found out that the gpu is not fully supported by AMD anymore, but Windows has updates, doesn't it?

Please help OB1,
Richard

Solution
I have an AMD Radeon HD 6570 installed in a Dell setup. Recently I ran updates for Windows 10 and Photoshop. Now Photoshop has stopped in some of it's fundamental tools including poor screen draws and the inability to rotate the canvas.

I went to Adobe and a guy crawled into my system (controlling my desktop virtually) and couldn't get it to work. In the end he talked about gpu driver file corruption.

I'm not sure what's going on but the gpu seems to be working for other programs. The problems are in Photoshop only. Windows is updated. Photoshop is also uptodate.

Should I go back to Adobe and see if someone more knowledgeable could assist me?

I found out that the gpu is not fully supported by AMD anymore, but Windows has...

I found out that the gpu is not fully supported by AMD anymore, but Windows has updates, doesn't it?

Please help OB1,
Richard

Hi, yeah the HD 6570 is no longer receiving driver updates from AMD. That said, AMD should still provide drivers for it on their website (you will just be directed to the newest driver available).

If the driver has been corrupted, I suggest doing the following:
Fully remove the current driver from your machine using the 'Display Driver Uninstaller':https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Then get the latest available driver from AMD:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-6000-series/amd-radeon-hd-6570

Note they offer two options, the 16.2.1 beta and the 15.7.1 WHQL - I would try the 15.7.1 driver first, if that doesn't work repeat the process and try the newer 16.2.1 although that driver may be less stable.

That will make sure you have a clean install of the latest available drivers installed.

Solution