Graphics card driver refuses to install. (GT 740)

brockhayes123

Commendable
Dec 30, 2017
I recently acquired an Acer Veriton X4610g prebuilt off of eBay and also bought a GT 740 to build a very low budget gaming pc. I’ve confirmed the graphics card works on my other pc l, so I know it’s not the card and I’ve confirmed the pc does work. I’ve tried resetting the ram, reseating the card, unplugging the cd Rom drive, swapping power supply's, uninstalling the driver through safe mode and then installing the driver from Nvidia’s website, which worked, but then still wouldn’t show up on the display after booting back into Windows. I would appreciate any help as I spent all day yesterday trying to figure out the issue.

Solution
It doesn't appear to be supporting the UEFI based cards, you might have to acquire something that specifically supports legacy BIOS. Some Sapphire cards from the R7 series has legacy BIOS switches and some Gigabyte 750Ti do as well.

brockhayes123

Commendable
Dec 30, 2017
I updated the bios, but the computer still won't boot into Windows after installing the graphics driver. I even tried installing Windows 7 along with updating the chipset drivers which worked up until Windows finished installing updates and needed to restart. I assume its because it finally got to the point where the graphics driver installed. I`m out of ideas here.

brockhayes123

Commendable
Dec 30, 2017
(Update) I decided to pull the card and boot using the onboard graphics. The computer boots up fine through VGA. I`m starting to think this computer isnt very compatible with this specific card.

Mark RM

Admirable
It doesn't appear to be supporting the UEFI based cards, you might have to acquire something that specifically supports legacy BIOS. Some Sapphire cards from the R7 series has legacy BIOS switches and some Gigabyte 750Ti do as well.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS