Graphics Card driver- Switching from AMD to NVIDIA GT 1030

compewpewter

Reputable
Aug 3, 2015
Hello everyone, I have an AMD A8 6600k and want to upgrade to a Gt 1030 so I can play PUBG.My integrated graphics plays LoL and CS:GO fine but cant run PUBG.

I used to have a R7 260x installed here but moved it to another computer, so right now I am just using the integrated graphics.

I have not uninstalled the 260x drivers and I am using Windows 7

So my question is do I need to uninstall the 260x drivers AND AMD Catalyst Control Center? Or can i just straight up install the GT 1030? Also which program is better for clean uninstall CC cleaner or DDU???

Thanks in advance

Solution
GT cards are NOT meant for gaming. They are made for mostly everyday use and/or work related. GTX cards are for gaming that's why a 1050 or better yet a 1050ti is recommended instead.

To answer your question though... Use DDU.

EDIT: I just checked and the GT 1030 is worse in benchmarks compared to your 260x
GT cards are NOT meant for gaming. They are made for mostly everyday use and/or work related. GTX cards are for gaming that's why a 1050 or better yet a 1050ti is recommended instead.

To answer your question though... Use DDU.

EDIT: I just checked and the GT 1030 is worse in benchmarks compared to your 260x

Solution