Graphics Card Dying? GTX 570

TJK32

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
So my problem has progressed these last few weeks. At first I would just get random this xx driver has stopped working. So I'd change drivers and everything would be fine for a week or longer.

Recently any driver I'd change to even after a clean install of the NVidia driver, and registry cleaning would fail, and sometimes blue screen. Now when I boot up I get white horizontal lines that stay on my screen.

So yeah, graphics card not working at all now with any driver, and I get code 43 every time. My cpu doesn't overheat, and fans work including graphics card fan.

So what do you guys think.. graphics card dying or something else? I don't have an extra card to try out or monitor.

I'm no expert at all so any help is appreciated.

Solution
I actually have a GTX260 that I bought as a display card (to put on a shelf) and I tried it before I put it on the shelf, and the fan spun and showed no display.

TJK32

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
Thanks for the reply, that does suck because it's only 2 years old and I've taken good care of everything. I'll ask a friend if I can try his card just to confirm.

TJK32

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013

Processor is i7 2.80ghz
8 gb of ram
Windows 7 64 bit

This is really the first time I've owned my own PC. As well as having a major issue so I hope that's what you were looking for. If you need anything else let me know.

TJK32

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
I'm trying to remember when I got it 2 years ago, I believe, it's a 525? I'm not 100% on that but I'm fairly sure. I remember a friend giving me advice on making sure I had a good PSU.

Also just a noob question for you. Usually if the fan is working on the card, is that a sign it's possibly not the card or is that negligible?

TJK32

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
Ok, so something very odd just happened I never even reinstalled new drivers, or even changed anything recently. But after I restarted, everything is back to normal, no problems, nothing wrong. All of this after a week of trying different things and trying to locate the problem. I'm glad it's working but I'm also very optimistic about there being an underlying problem still. I did a full scan for viruses/malware etc, nothing.

So Wtf... I mean it just doesn't make sense to me.