Graphics card dying? Maybe RAM or PSU?

imjordanlol

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
I can't tell if my gpu is dying or maybe its memory issues or my PSU or something. When playing games I can usually play for up to 30 minutes to an hour then the game crashes, my browser crashes skype crashes ect. The manner in which this happens is glitchy sounds followed by a crash to desktop with program not responding. I can't re open any programs until I restart my computer. If I try it just gives me a not responding window as well as graphical glitches on the programs ie. rainbow colours, black boxes and random lines. This only started happening after I installed windows 7. Was running XP prior. This has only been happening for a few days. Also my temps are fine, nothing is over-heating so I don't know what is happening. Any responses are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Solution
Thanks!

What sort of games are you playing? Havae you checked your RAM + CPU usage whilst playing these games?

Have you tried updating your Nvidia Drivers since upgrading to windwos 7? XP and 7 use different driver versions...

imjordanlol

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013

Cpu: amd 965 black edition
gpu: evga nvidia 9800gtx+
mobo: gigabyte ma-770-ud3 rev 2.0
psu: psu-hush680-us-bl
ram: 2x2gig corsair ddr2

grebgonebad

Distinguished
Thanks!

What sort of games are you playing? Havae you checked your RAM + CPU usage whilst playing these games?

Have you tried updating your Nvidia Drivers since upgrading to windwos 7? XP and 7 use different driver versions...

Solution