Graphics Card Dying maybe?

hazzyreborn

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018
Ok I have no idea what's causing this I don't even know how to describe it. I'm also having issues with some games right now, crashing namely and was having flickering display before I reinstalled graphics drivers with 3dguru tool to uninstall and downloaded installer from manufacturer to reinstall.
_iCuWYgMTqyMVkikdwUyDw.png

c_mLsN21SOWMo3ZWXVJjFA.png

And other things. Let me post specs and dxdiag below:
Board: MSI B250 PC MATE
CPU: i7- 6900k
GPU: GTX 1050
RAM: 8gb 2400mhz
Regular old hard drive and windows 10 home
[Updated] Sometimes it looks more fragmented than other times:
4hZg3EXDTmC2cfvWgOT44g.png

DXDIAG:
https://pastebin.com/cHZdgrH7

Solution
I would boot into safe mode, use DDU to clean out the drivers, and reboot into normal mode and see if the corruption occurs with the basic VGA driver in Windows. If it does then the card is failing. If it looks good, reinstall the graphics card driver and see if it looks good.

A Windows clean install shouldn't be necessary. This is a GPU problem. Either the card is dying or the drivers are malfunctioning badly.

hazzyreborn

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018

Alright I'm gonna let malwarebytes finish another non-custom this time full scan and then reboot and update.

hazzyreborn

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018
I don't think there's any artifacting in bios, checked all pages. Also this sounds like it'll help, the artifacting started almost immediately after I set a game priority to high to try to prevent crashing. The game still crashed and thus priority was reset, didn't even try reopening game yet. I don't think it makes sense to be related though if the priority resets as soon as the app closes.

hazzyreborn

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018
I suppose it's not the end of the world if I can't, that is why I have multiple partitions/drives. Will just be a pain moving everything. Oh, that reminds me. Is it any harder to reinstall OS to a partition than it is when utilizing full drive?

dvd03cr

Prominent
Dec 4, 2017

yes you can move it to another partition and no its the same

hazzyreborn

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018

So it would be best if I move important stuff to second drive, delete the second partition to make the first drive full, and reinstall on first drive?

hazzyreborn

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018
It'll take a while, at least two hours, for that, so I'll update when I'm in windows and have browser reinstalled and once I find out there's no artifacting and hopefully my games work after reinstall.

dvd03cr

Prominent
Dec 4, 2017

No, you can move all files that you want to keep and them do a clean os install keep your partition if you want its better in that way

jr9

Estimable
I would boot into safe mode, use DDU to clean out the drivers, and reboot into normal mode and see if the corruption occurs with the basic VGA driver in Windows. If it does then the card is failing. If it looks good, reinstall the graphics card driver and see if it looks good.

A Windows clean install shouldn't be necessary. This is a GPU problem. Either the card is dying or the drivers are malfunctioning badly.

Solution