graphics card error (geforce gtx 1050ti)

Blackfox2001

Reputable
Jan 6, 2017
I just got a new graphics card (geforce gtx 1050 ti) and have installed it but I've been having a lot of problems with it for a couple of weeks more specifically half of my games don't work and those that do run at one frame a second making pretty much all of my games unusable, anyway I was wondering if anyone has encountered a problem like this before? If so how did you solve the problem?

My specs are as follows:

monitor : Acer KA240HQ
graphics card : gigabyte geforce gtx 1050 Ti
driver : NVIDIA GeForce 7025/ NVIDIA nForce 630a
processor : AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-core Processor
hard drive : ST1000DX 001=1NS162 SCSI disk device

Solution
If it's a defective card then no, I would return it and get another. When you do get the new card then follow these steps...

-Install new card into PCIE slot, if it requires additional power from PSU then connect it (6-pin typically on that card).
-Connect monitor directly to graphics card and not to the motherboard.
-Turn system on and download newest drivers from Nvidia. Windows will pick up drivers enough to use the card however there typically out of date.
-As long as everything is being detected the drivers should download without issues and the card will show up in the Device Manager.

While buying a defective card is rare it unfortunately does happen.

Blackfox2001

Reputable
Jan 6, 2017

I downloaded the application it loaded up and said " NVIDIA installer cannot continue : this graphics driver couldn't find compatible graphics hardware."

Blackfox2001

Reputable
Jan 6, 2017

There aren't any display adapter, I just deleted my old driver. But the 1050ti was never listed in the first place only the driver.

Blackfox2001

Reputable
Jan 6, 2017

There's no problem with the PCI-E slot because it works for my last graphics card and it has already received additional power from the PSU as well as that the fans are working on the card so it is safe to assume it isn't damaged either.

Blackfox2001

Reputable
Jan 6, 2017

It's connected to both the onboard graphics and the graphics card, there is a VGA to the onboard which if disconnected will stop all input to the monitor, there is also an HDMI to the graphics card that does literally nothing.

WildCard999

Titan

What? There should only be one connection from the GTX 1050 ti to the monitor only, not multiple connections. If connecting the 1050 ti to the monitor via HDMI only isn't working then the issue is probably the 1050 ti even if the fans are running.

Blackfox2001

Reputable
Jan 6, 2017

is it possible to fix the problem?

WildCard999

Titan
If it's a defective card then no, I would return it and get another. When you do get the new card then follow these steps...

-Install new card into PCIE slot, if it requires additional power from PSU then connect it (6-pin typically on that card).
-Connect monitor directly to graphics card and not to the motherboard.
-Turn system on and download newest drivers from Nvidia. Windows will pick up drivers enough to use the card however there typically out of date.
-As long as everything is being detected the drivers should download without issues and the card will show up in the Device Manager.

While buying a defective card is rare it unfortunately does happen.

Solution

Blackfox2001

Reputable
Jan 6, 2017

thanks, not really the result i wanted but i appreciate it.